Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
They're coming for you next
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:37 am
I'd like to preface this by saying I am one of the very few unpopular people who believe masks save lives and it is important to sd. I do believe the govt is targeting our community here in bp particularly, and all the other ultra orthodox neighborhoods in general. However, we are not keeping the guidelines, we have an uptick, so we are in the wrong. The govt is wrong for allowing protests and targeting us , but we are wrong for not taking precautions to protect our community.

Having said all that, I'll get to the point of this thread. The newest method of determining red zones will now be block by block. He will target each block individually for positive cases. He has not yet announced if this will include mandatory testing, entry to private homes without warrants etc. The particulars are still to be announced.

However, he has already preempted his option for no accountability. He stated that due to PRIVACY issues, he cannot give statistics. In other words, he can decide which blocks have cases without proof since it infringes on privacy.

Soon we may all have to wear red stars for red zones.....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:38 am
If, in fact, he does start picking blocks without giving statistics, it will be up to us to take our own count block by block to prove whether he is targeting us shamelessly or it is accurate

Einikel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:39 am
I wonder how this can be done realistically

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:39 am
1000%

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'd like to preface this by saying I am one of the very few unpopular people who believe masks save lives and it is important to sd. I do believe the govt is targeting our community here in bp particularly, and all the other ultra orthodox neighborhoods in general. However, we are not keeping the guidelines, we have an uptick, so we are in the wrong. The govt is wrong for allowing protests and targeting us , but we are wrong for not taking precautions to protect our community.

Having said all that, I'll get to the point of this thread. The newest method of determining red zones will now be block by block. He will target each block individually for positive cases. He has not yet announced if this will include mandatory testing, entry to private homes without warrants etc. The particulars are still to be announced.

However, he has already preempted his option for no accountability. He stated that due to PRIVACY issues, he cannot give statistics. In other words, he can decide which blocks have cases without proof since it infringes on privacy.

Soon we may all have to wear red stars for red zones.....

Let's just all remember the Chassidish mother who got her door banged down in middle of the night during the "measles epidemic" (which ended the day the religious exemptions were repealed) bc her 10 month old baby didn't get his shot yet.

Then, everyone here said, serves her right for "endangering the community"

Maybe if everyone had spoken up then, we would have more rights now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:46 am
it can be done. We just need to be organized. You take the business directory and system call each household, explain what your doing, write all the information down.

Of course, we would then need to figure out what to do with the information. Media, askanim, councilmembers ask rabbanim, Whatever

Einikel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:47 am
I keep wondering about what the balance of powers is within state. Because NY is in a state of emergency King Cuomo can impose whatever ridiculous regulations he wants without checks and balances ?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:49 am
I'm confused. We were upset whwn he circled Jewish areas, saying he's targeting Jews. Now he will be doing it block by block and we'll see if non Jewish blocks within our areas have high rates as well and Jewish blocks - don't.
How's that a bad thing?
Plus, he said that businesses on blocks with low rates will open. Isn't it so much better than all businesses in red areas closed?

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:49 am
Just to play devil's advocate:

If I were living in a enclave that had zero cases but was living in a "red" zip code, I'd be glad that measures would be made with such precision.

Also, I think people feel they have more control if they area they need to impact is smaller. "Okay, everybody on the block, there's an uptick in our general area now, let's be super-careful and not get each other infected."
^^^ Seems easier to do if you are talking to all the people who live on one street than an entire zip code full of people who don't know each other.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:53 am
Wheat and drmom, you would be right if we would know that he actually picked blocks that have cases. However, before starting hes already telling us that he won't give accountability because of privacy issues. He's not exactly trustworthy at this point

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:54 am
DrMom wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate:

If I were living in a enclave that had zero cases but was living in a "red" zip code, I'd be glad that measures would be made with such precision.

Also, I think people feel they have more control if they area they need to impact is smaller. "Okay, everybody on the block, there's an uptick in our general area now, let's be super-careful and not get each other infected."
^^^ Seems easier to do if you are talking to all the people who live on one street than an entire zip code full of people who don't know each other.

No, you dont live in the red zone, you dont even live in the city or the state or the country. Please stop commenting on these threads, its not helpful. There is currently no transparency, illegal aliens do not have to tell them their address so there is no way that cuomo knows whats going on in this city as the data is skewed and manipulated in the first place. Please focus on your own country before you tell us how to feel and behave in ours.
Signed,
A red zone occupant who has had enough of the torture and tyranny and doesnt care what someone from a foreign country has to say about it.

BTW: read this lawsuit, its interesting that cuomo has decided that orthodox Jews are "white supremacists" because we support Trump and that is causing this "division" among other attacks he has made on the Orthodox Jewish community. https://s3.amazonaws.com/becke.....D.pdf

Dini

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:55 am
I think he has some trick up his sleeve to target us without actually saying it because in his briefing today it seemed like a me he was being really careful not to mention Jews

Genius

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:00 am
This whole thing would make a ton of sense if each block would be like the village in the middle ages. self-sufficient and little contact with the outside world.
ahum.
What if neighbor A and neighbor Z aren't on speaking terms and haven't seen each other in 15 years? If none of them have the fatal virus, who gets to stay home?
pararam

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:00 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
No, you dont live in the red zone, you dont even live in the city or the state or the country. Please stop commenting on these threads, its not helpful. There is currently no transparency, illegal aliens do not have to tell them their address so there is no way that cuomo knows whats going on in this city as the data is skewed and manipulated in the first place. Please focus on your own country before you tell us how to feel and behave in ours.
Signed,
A red zone occupant who has had enough of the torture and tyranny and doesnt care what someone from a foreign country has to say about it.

First of all, I have family in NYC, so I do have a interest here. I don't want them to get sick. I am also an US citizen, and have a stong interest in what is happening in the States.

Secondly, we have red zones here in Israel too. We are just exiting our 2nd lockdown, both of which have been stricter than anything NYC imposed. They are not fun, but puhlease: Neither the US nor Israel is "torturing" citizens by imposing lockdowns.

I am very interested in this block-by-block approach. In principle, I think discipline and precise, data-driven approaches are the key to fighting this pandemic.

And we have our chronic rule breakers and people who are seemingly exempt from rules here too. I agree that govt corruption and uneven enforcement erodes govt credibility and discourages compliance, which is dangerous.

Last edited by DrMom on Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wheat and drmom, you would be right if we would know that he actually picked blocks that have cases. However, before starting hes already telling us that he won't give accountability because of privacy issues. He's not exactly trustworthy at this point

I read that he said they have block numbers now, but wouldn't give them. Didn't see him saying he won't give numbers once they start block by block thing. I bet he understands that no one will take him seriously without numbers.
Guess, we'll see how it goes?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:09 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Signed,

BTW: read this lawsuit, its interesting that cuomo has decided that orthodox Jews are "white supremacists" because we support Trump and that is causing this "division" among other attacks he has made on the Orthodox Jewish community. https://s3.amazonaws.com/becke.....D.pdf

Whoa!! She has as many rights to post on any topic, this one included, as you do.

Signed,
A red zone occupant.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:12 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I read that he said they have block numbers now, but wouldn't give them. Didn't see him saying he won't give numbers once they start block by block thing. I bet he understands that no one will take him seriously without numbers.
Guess, we'll see how it goes?

So how will it work? 50th street from 13-14th ave can attend school but 50th st from 14-15th ave has to stay home?!

silverlining3

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:13 am
I feel like adjmpwpmtjadjmwtpmdgjmwpgdamtwpwg

Last edited by silverlining3 on Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Is there any oversight here? Any independent agency verifying the numbers?

bobeli

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:23 am
Let’s hope it all goes away after election
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics