Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
My new GE fridg is making humming noise

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:51 pm
Is it normal. I never checked if this fridg is noisy. I made sure the washing machine and dishwasher are quite. I never thought a fridg can make noise. My old fringes were never noisy.

happy chick

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:55 pm
I have the french door ge fridge. Not brand new, almost 2 years old. Im also not a big fan of the humming noise. It's not very loud, but when it's quiet in the house, it can sound loud (kinda like the ticking of the clock).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 3:54 pm
I also bought the French doors with the freezer in the bottom. Idk why the appliance store never told me about the noise. I bought it because of the zeman Shabbos feature. I wonder if I can return it

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:33 pm
Did it always make the noise since they plugged it in?
We have a French door Fridgidaire and when it made a noise it was because the freezer was icing up because people weren't closing it fully.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:44 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Did it always make the noise since they plugged it in?
We have a French door Fridgidaire and when it made a noise it was because the freezer was icing up because people weren't closing it fully.

We just plugged it in on Friday. It’s closed fully

rse

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:05 am
Mine does too- I actually called in a repair person to come check! But he said the reason it makes so much noise Is because it has 2 fans! Banging head nothing to do about it.. I wish I would of known before

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:16 am
Mine too. It isn't always making noise, but every so often, it pipes up....French doors with freezer on the bottom type. I don't think I've ever had such a noisy fridge/freezer before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics