Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Shortcut for taking a shower

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:42 pm
I'm trying to be more efficient and fast. What are shortcuts for taking a shower?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:45 pm
Shower until you feel clean. I don't rush it, but you can.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:46 pm
My showers take 3-5 minutes. I don't think there are shortcuts to showering. If you want to make it quicker, just do what you need to do without relaxing under the warm water.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:46 pm
Look at the water coming out the shower head.
Sniff the soap.
Touch the towel.
You're done.
Quick enough??

If not, maybe just look at the shower head, soap and towel together.
That does the trick for me.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:55 pm
Buy a shampoo/body soap combination. Lather your head, hands, feet, torso, face.
Rinse and done.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 3:36 pm
Get wet, soap up, rinse, towel dry, get out. Don’t sing, don’t dawdle, don’t daydream, don’t give yourself a spa treatment. If you’re very quick you have permission to wash and hang up a pair of undies while you’re at it.

Pretend that FedEx has a package for you requiring a signature and if you don’t get out and answer the door he’ll go away and take the package with him.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 3:46 pm
zaq wrote:
Get wet, soap up, rinse, towel dry, get out. Don’t sing, don’t dawdle, don’t daydream, don’t give yourself a spa treatment. If you’re very quick you have permission to wash and hang up a pair of undies while you’re at it.

Pretend that FedEx has a package for you requiring a signature and if you don’t get out and answer the door he’ll go away and take the package with him.

C'mon, why FedEx?

Imagine you have 60 seconds to run for shelter before the rocket lands - and you don't know where it'll land. And you have to get your kids to shelter as well.

For months after Protective Edge I did not shower unless DH was home, so that if a siren went off, he could take the kids and run, and I would just have myself to deal with. But at least the kids would be safe.

I don't remember how I did it, but those showers were fast.

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 3:55 pm
If I am too quick I just don't feel clean enough... But, to save time you don't need to wash your hair every day.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:02 pm
I learned this watching a women's prison documentary and they only had 5 minutes in the actual shower. They spent more time waiting to get in-

1. Turn on the shower to warm up water.

2. Use the toilet.

3. If you need to shave legs or armpits do this while sitting on the toilet.

4. If not taking time to shave, assume water is still cold. Flush and grab your soap sponge and wet it in shower, put body wash on it, lather up outside shower stall all over.

5. Put shampoo in hair and lather as best you can on dry hair.

6. Shower is now warm step inside and rinse off body soap and/or shaving cream, wet hair to full lather and scrub and rinse. Put in conditioner and let sit.

7. Use facial wash or facial scrub in shower and rinse.

8. Have toothbrush and toothpaste in shower and brush teeth. Spit into drain and rinse mouth with shower spray water

9. Have a detangling brush or comb in shower and brush through tangles while conditioner is in hair. Rinse conditioner out.

10. Turn off water and towel dry in steamy shower, wrap towel around yourself and leave shower, spray on deodorant and perfume, get dressed.

Basically waste no time and do several steps simultaneously.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:06 pm
The long directions:

BUY:
- Bath sponge - those mesh poufs for the shower (about $1-$2)
- Shampoo with pump lid (no need to buy body wash)
- Long terry bathrobe with hood

1. Turn on the water, get undressed quickly. By now water is hot.

2. Step into shower, move back until water cascades over your shoulders, rinsing your entire body at the same time. Lean back and run your hands through your hair to ensure it's fully wet

3. Pour some shampoo onto bath sponge. (Pump-style dispensers are faster than ones with flip lids.)

4. Hold sponge briefly under shower spray, and rub in your hands to work up a lather. This should take only a few seconds.

5. Step out of the shower spray, and run sponge quickly over your entire body. The sponge covers a lot of surface area at once, so this shouldn't take very long at all. If your hair is short, run it over your hair first.

6. Optional, if you have longer hair: Squirt some more shampoo into your palm, and massage through your hair until hair is soapy.

7. Step back under shower spray and run hands through hair to remove soap. The water should wash off all of the soap from your body within seconds. (If hair doesn't feel clean, repeat shampooing and rinse again.)

8. Turn off shower and step out.

9. Immediately put on terry bathrobe, to dry most of your body instantly.

10. Get dressed.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:07 pm
Since I had my baby I learned how.

I wash my face (Sink or cloths) at any avail time.
Hair only gets washed once or twice a week.

For the rest, I fill up the bath, soap myself from my feet up to my shoulders, and rinse in bath.

Takes literally 2 min
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry