Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tips on getting into monsey schools
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:29 pm
We don’t live in monsey yet but we’ll have to move in a couple of months. No choice about it.
Do we stand a chance at all at getting our kids accepted into good schools?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:30 pm
Are you chassidish or not? Do you have relatives or friends in schools that can vouch for you? Start applying now to the schools you have in mind to send to.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Are you chassidish or not? Do you have relatives or friends in schools that can vouch for you? Start applying now to the schools you have in mind to send to.

If you belong to a specific chassidos and they will get good info from your current schools it shouldn’t be hard. Neutral schools don’t give you an easy time. Munkatch and bdy are pretty easy to get into. Depends what you’re looking for. Best to apply ASAP.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:49 pm
We were thinking bais Rochel bais dovid. Have family in monsey but they send to Ashar which is not for us, so they can’t really help. I’m from litvish background, dh chassidish. we want to get into neutral schools which are apparently the hardest.. guess will try anything. Was just wondering if we stand a chance getting accepted into say bais rochel

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We were thinking bais Rochel bais dovid. Have family in monsey but they send to Ashar which is not for us, so they can’t really help. I’m from litvish background, dh chassidish. we want to get into neutral schools which are apparently the hardest.. guess will try anything. Was just wondering if we stand a chance getting accepted into say bais rochel

GOOD LUCK with Bais Rochel. Be ready to work yourself ragged to maybe get a yes. Which school are your kids in now? Is it equivalent to Bais Rochel? Are your kids yiddish speaking? Bais Dovid isn't that easy to get into either. Apply now and be ready to keep nagging.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:58 pm
Ok good
I mean not good but..
Was kinda hoping there are some tricks or techniques out there.
My kids are still in daycare private preschool. Which other schools are similar to bais rochel parent body

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok good
I mean not good but..
My kids are still in daycare private preschool. Which other schools are similar to bais rochel parent body

No other school really compares to Bais Rochel parent body.
Kesser Bais Yakov is a chassidish yiddish speaking Bais Yakov, probably the most similar to Bais Rochel. Bnos Leah Prospect park might also be a good fit.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:08 pm
Been there done that. Protektzia and money!

Wishing you tons of luck. It ain't easy

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok good
I mean not good but..

I think bsm used to be similar but is now more chassidish. They don’t accept new students whose mom drives.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:10 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Been there done that. Protektzia and money!

Wishing you tons of luck. It ain't easy

Yup, lot's of money. There are schools that ask for $10,000 to get your kids in.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:11 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I think bsm used to be similar but is now more chassidish. They don’t accept new students whose mom drives.

Neither does Bais Rochel AFAIK. Bais Rochel is moving more and more to the right, they're basically equivalent to any chassidish school by now.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:11 pm
Kesser is closest to bais rochel. Bais yaakov elementary may be a good fit bit not like bais rochel.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Neither does Bais Rochel AFAIK. Bais Rochel is moving more and more to the right, they're basically equivalent to any chassidish school by now.

Ok so if op is looking for bais rochel of today then bsm might be a good fit too.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Ok so if op is looking for bais rochel of today then bsm might be a good fit too.

Yeah, maybe.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:43 pm
Wow I’m getting excited 🙁
What’s kesser like?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:45 pm
Seriously 10k because I’m too frum to send to public school and want a good school??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:47 pm
How’s bais yaakov elementary? What’s the parent body?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:02 pm
Imrei Binah is a bit more Chasidish than Bais dovid but its a great Chaider.

Bais Rochel has a great parent body but the staff and Hanhalah stink. Awful and disgusting attitude, unless of course if you belong to the privileged click or have LOTS of money.

A large number of old age teachers and principles that are stuck in the 1970s and have no clue about today's kids and their challenges.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:06 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Ya no. That’s is most definitely not true. But they are very hard to get into, driving is just not a factor.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seriously 10k because I’m too frum to send to public school and want a good school??

Unfortunately that's how the situation is. It's sad.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics