Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tips on getting into monsey schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:07 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Ya no. That’s is most definitely not true. But they are very hard to get into, driving is just not a factor.

They allow the mother's that were always driving to continue driving. But there are people that want to send there because they want to drive, these people aren't accepted.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How’s bais yaakov elementary? What’s the parent body?

Bais Yakov is a typical litvish/yeshivish parent body.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:09 pm
So you’re telling me I shouldn’t be too disappointed if I don’t get in.
Get it.

But what about other schools?
I have no clue. Is kesser bais yaakov strictly chassidish or preferably more mixed?
Bnos binah?
How’s bais yaakov elementary?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Bnos Leah Prospect park might also be a good fit.

Completely different school and parent body. I think you might be mixing it up with a different school.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Neither does Bais Rochel AFAIK. Bais Rochel is moving more and more to the right, they're basically equivalent to any chassidish school by now.

They have no issue with mothers driving whatsoever. Most Bais rochel mothers drive.

The only exception is when a mother is coming from an environment that driving is a big no-no and a tabu.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:11 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
They have no issue with mothers driving whatsoever. Most Bais rochel mothers drive.

The only exception is when a mother is coming from an environment that driving is a big no-no and a tabu.

Right, I said that they don't accept people that want to send there just because they want to drive.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Completely different school and parent body. I think you might be mixing it up with a different school.

I'm not mixing up. I just mentioned that maybe it might be an option.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:14 pm
How important are academics to you?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So you’re telling me I shouldn’t be too disappointed if I don’t get in.
Get it.

But what about other schools?
I have no clue. Is kesser bais yaakov strictly chassidish or preferably more mixed?
Bnos binah?
How’s bais yaakov elementary?

Kesser Bais Yaakov - Strictly Chassidish as it is Yiddish speaking

Bais Yaakov Elementary - very Yeshivish, but a few Chassidish families send there (both fine, ehrlich families like in Bais Rochel and a few ex Chassidish not as refined) but the school is very simple, refined.

No idea what Bnos Bina is.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:19 pm
So maybe bais yaakov.
Bnos Leah info, anybody?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So maybe bais yaakov.
Bnos Leah info, anybody?

Bnos Leah is similar to Bais Yakov. I know quite afew chassidish families that send there. But it can't be compared to Bais Rochel.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:23 pm
Isn't the new Munkatch school Bnos Binah? I might be mistaken though.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Isn't the new Munkatch school Bnos Binah? I might be mistaken though.

If OP is interested in Bais Rochel and Bais Dovid she isn't the BDY or Munkatch type. Maybe Bais Shifra Miriam?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
If OP is interested in Bais Rochel and Bais Dovid she isn't the BDY or Munkatch type. Maybe Bais Shifra Miriam?

Can the stereotyping please stop?
There are amazing parents in all of these schools who couldn't get into bais Rochel because they don't have the protektzia or money.
We need to stop perpetuating this cycle of
stereotyping these schools have good parents, these dont. So it wouldn't be so hard to get into schools.
And to be perfectly honest, BDY and Bnos Bina are much more in tune of raising today's children.
But if it's all about putting into a school with the top name only because some people in the community decided so, then yup, beg your way into bais Rochel.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:41 pm

It doesn’t seem like OP knows exactly what type of school Bais Rochel is either. If she wants neutral chassidish, BDY and Munkatch might be good options.
OP, you didn't give us enough details about what type of family you are to know which schools might be right. Are you a yiddish speaking family? Do you drive? How do you & DH dress?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Can the stereotyping please stop?
There are amazing parents in all of these schools who couldn't get into bais Rochel because they don't have the protektzia or money.
We need to stop perpetuating this cycle of
stereotyping these schools have good parents, these dont. So it wouldn't be so hard to get into schools.
And to be perfectly honest, BDY and Bnos Bina are much more in tune of raising today's children.
But if it's all about putting into a school with the top name only because some people in the community decided so, then yup, beg your way into bais Rochel.

Huh? They are different schools. If OP said she was looking into Viznitz I wouldn't recommend Satmar, but could recommend Belz. What is wrong with that? I wasn't saying anything bad. It is a completely different name and type of school.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:44 pm
Huh? They are different schools. If OP said she was looking into Viznitz I wouldn't recommend Satmar, but could recommend Belz. What is wrong with that? I wasn't saying anything bad. It is a completely different name and type of school.

She didn't say she only wants Bais Rochel. She said she wants neutral. These are all good options.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:51 pm

Ok I'm sorry, I apologize.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:53 pm
So I’m mostly English speaking, drive, kids are English and Yiddish speaking , I’m looking for something very neutral not too chassidish but not too litvish yeshivish either cuz dh is chassidish. Bais rochel seems to be a good fit, but impossible to get into.
So what would you recommend instead?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I’m mostly English speaking, drive, kids are English and Yiddish speaking , I’m looking for something very neutral not too chassidish but not too litvish yeshivish either cuz dh is chassidish. Bais rochel seems to be a good fit, but impossible to get into.
So what would you recommend instead?

Bais Yaakov Elementary or Bais Shifra Miriam
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics