Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you don't wear a mask do you...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:21 pm
take other precautions like sanitizing? Or do you think it's all a waste of time?

Not asking to bash, just trying to understand a non-mask-wearing family member and wondering what others with the same mindset are doing.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:55 pm
I absolutely don’t believe masks work. I feel sick every time I have to breathe thru one for more than two min. But, I will def wash my hands every time I come home and use hand sanitizer when I get back to my car from a store or wherever. (Oh and I also wear masks in stores as per the law.) Ppl that don’t wear masks (or don’t want to) don’t believe Covid is fake or not as catchy as it is. We are not stupid. I just can’t understand how breathing in ur own oxygen thru a flimsy (prob full of bacteria) mask can save others and urself from catching a virus that’s particles are so small.

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:30 pm
Disclaimer - I support masks and believe they are an effective way and preventing spread and the severity of such spread.

Sanitizing is not very useful in regard to COVID19 since surface spread plays a very low part in the spread of SARS-CoV-2. Washing your hands is a common sense practice, but it is not most important with COVID19.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:38 pm
I don't believe masks help, but we have no choice about wearing one in stores. I don't wear a mask when I don't have to. But I don't go to crowded places either and I'm very careful about keeping my kids home when sick with the slightest symptom.
I think this is more important than wearing a mask.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:38 pm
I am very possibly on the verge of a Mental breakdown with school being closed, a full time job and my oldest kid is 7.

I am Bh young and healthy and have no parents or grandparents local.

I do not believe in masks, I do not even own sanitizer and don’t wash my hands any more than usual.

I believe we should live our lives as normal as possible. The cure can’t be worse than the disease.

That being said we know with 100 percent certainty that large indoor gatherings spread Covid. Simchas/events when all possible should be outdoors, and an indoor Event should not be at full capacity. Dancing has to be eliminated or done in a distanced way somehow.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:39 pm
If you are trying to understand your family member best to have a sit down open communication with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics