Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The most controversial thread ever?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:06 pm
Newbie here!
For those who've been around forever, I'm just curious, what would you say is or was THE absolute most controversial (or the biggest bloodbath) imamother thread ever?
Bonus points if you include a link Wink

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:08 pm
The pearl earrings thread. (somewhat tongue in cheek)
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....72463

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:09 pm
Any thread in the Politics or Coronavirus forums will do it for you.

This is certainly not the most controversial one ever, but there was one poster who wrote that her Rav told her to wean her baby and go off bc after she had PPD. She clarified that later, but boy did that thread get some passionate responses.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:09 pm
the camp necessity vs luxury thread

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
the camp necessity vs luxury thread

Or cleaning help, like, a million times...

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:15 pm
Ooh so many...

There was one where the OP started off asking for advice about her abusive, alcoholic, crazy MIL hitting her children, and ended off explaining that the Russian mafia runs a prost!tut!on ring right next to her children's playground. Poor woman was ripped to shreds.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:16 pm
The most controversial thread will be among the x threads that have been removed, I suppose...

Because it does not take much to get this or that party up in arms...

One thread was removed because it contained too accurate information about the age of the earth and the like... Someone complained - that was the end of that...

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:17 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ooh so many...

There was one where the OP started off asking for advice about her abusive, alcoholic, crazy MIL hitting her children, and ended off explaining that the Russian mafia runs a prost!tut!on ring right next to her children's playground. Poor woman was ripped to shreds.

Right... a thread about "(how often) should I visit my mother/MIL" can devolve into a real battle real fast...

Genius

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:18 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ooh so many...

This sounds interesting! Her mil is the head of the Russian mafia?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:19 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ooh so many...

Ok I need to see that one...
Anyone recognizes and can link to it?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:19 pm
the ones posted by banned posters

hodeez

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:20 pm
Head shaving threads.
Wig vs tichel threads
My 6 year old hit me/called me stupid
Using ebt card wearing a fur coat
CIO method threads

ChanieMommy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The pearl earrings thread. (somewhat tongue in cheek)
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....72463

That was a good read! Maybe someone should turn it into a sketch or play or radio drama?

etky

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:21 pm
I remember some very explosive tuition threads.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:22 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
That was a good read! Maybe someone should turn it into a sketch or play or radio drama?

Sounds like a bais yaakov purim shpiel

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:24 pm
Freidasima

The other poster who was really someones husband. tammytammy.

s-x towels.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:27 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ooh so many...

That was one of the saddest threads I’ve ever seen on here. It was really hard to figure out what was actually going on, but she was obviously in a lot of pain and there seemed to be some real stuff going on even if it was impossible to know what.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:35 pm
One of many where a certain poster - I'm blanking on her name, but someone will surely know it and post it, she comes and goes but it's been a while since her last appearance - the one that people thought was a man because she's so right-wing shtark in how she espouses halacha and hashkafa - defends herself and her worldview against all comers.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:37 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
One of many where a certain poster - I'm blanking on her name, but someone will surely know it and post it, she comes and goes but it's been a while since her last appearance - the one that people thought was a man because she's so right-wing shtark in how she espouses halacha and hashkafa - defends herself and her worldview against all comers.

seas

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:41 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
The most controversial thread will be among the x threads that have been removed, I suppose...

Because it does not take much to get this or that party up in arms...

One thread was removed because it contained too accurate information about the age of the earth and the like... Someone complained - that was the end of that...

The world was created mature.
You didn’t learn that?
For example Trees were created WITH the rings around them, each year a new ring forms. That’s why scientists Mistake the age of the world.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics