Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Private Forum for the super wealthy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:06 pm
Loving the fantasy
Seriously,
I have no idea how much liquid money we have
nor do I know the details of our assets and investments.

How do I get my husband to share?

soap suds

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:20 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I’m so bored of my jewelry
Why would super wealthy get bored of their jewellery? They’d just replace it every other month.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:31 pm
My white couch got a stain and it will obviously have to go, anyone know of a company that I can get new white couch that will hopefully last longer, 1-2 yrs max is all I need.

NotLazySusan

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Your wrong coming from someone who is super wealthy no matter how much money we have loosing a child to an illness is not easier because we have money. Said child being in the hospital for months at a time is not easier. Just cause we have all the money in the world doesn’t mean we can heal our sick child and the death of a child is no different no matter how much money you have.

I’m sorry you’ve suffered such a terrible loss.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:39 pm
As an admittedly wealthy person, I am insulted that in your minds having money equals arrogance and being shallow.not to mention outright criminal activity.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:43 pm
I'm not sure whether she's my true friend or cuz of my money. How can I find out?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:55 pm
My fantasy threads if I were a rich woman... Hmm.

We finally finished building my dream woman-cave and now I never want to leave. Friends and family are getting concerned. Help?

My best friend outbid me at an auction for a first edition of my favorite book. She knew how much I wanted this. I'm so hurt now. How can I get past this?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:02 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
As an admittedly wealthy person, I am insulted that in your minds having money equals arrogance and being shallow.not to mention outright criminal activity.

We’re just having fantasy fun , fargin us some *free* entertainment. Smile

But on a serious note : I do have wealthy family.
They’d never launder money and they aren’t shallow.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:07 pm
bananas4bananas wrote:
Ehhh... When I was young and idealistic I believed this, but truth is that having lots of money really smooths things out

I don’t know. I got lots of money and yet most days I just want to die. If I didn’t have lots of money things would probably be worse.... but then again maybe if I didn’t have lots of money then some of my other problems would not be here .

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:13 pm
True story
We ate meals by two of the wealthiest Jewish names in the world. One was super down to earth and practical. One was super frivolous. It was fascinating to see the differences between their lifestyles and also how their kids were.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:13 pm
batya315 wrote:
Any experience flying Singapore Suites with credit card points?

Well yes actually. For real

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:20 pm
This is supposed to be comedy but I feel it is in bad taste. Insensitive to wealthy people.
If the title was the opposite- private forum for the super poor- no one would be laughing.
Wealthy and poor are the same human being and deserve the same sensitivity. Only on the outside they look different.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Only on the outside they look different.

If you saw me on the street you wouldn't think I was well off.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:34 pm
I honestly am not jealous of the super wealthy. They have Some unique problems that I’m happy I don’t deal with.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:35 pm
I'm probably what some ppl would consider pretty well off perhaps, not sure, no-one to ask lol, but every fourth quarter I walk around w a pit in my stomach cuz that's when we earn most of our income but at the same time stand to lose alot of it if it doesn't work out, and there are always scary issues, hence the pit in my stomach...and sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the stress?! Can anyone give me some perspective? I know I need to work on my emuna and daven!! But I wonder if any1 has any insights into this situation. Sorry so off topic from original thread, u see? wealthy ppl also have real fears and issues!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:43 pm
Soooo I'm not wealthy or even middle class ... But here ist experience with the wealthy people I DO know

I just bought my kallah student a shaitel and a dining table set. I hope it helps her enjoy starting her new home.

I just wrote a 2600 dollar check for this couples fifth son bris. It's so much fun to give gifts to struggling families.

I just chartered a plane and took my extended family on a dream vacation to Israel in honor of our sons bar mitzvah. He didn't get a party with his classmates but he learned the value of family and giving.

I built myself a 2 m dollar house and decided to give it to my little brother instead.

Some people have money and know exactly what to do with it. And I pray that HKBH sends them more. And helps me become a kli for that kind of bracha also!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:45 pm
This is supposed to be comedy but I feel it is in bad taste. Insensitive to wealthy people.
If the title was the opposite- private forum for the super poor- no one would be laughing.
Wealthy and poor are the same human being and deserve the same sensitivity. Only on the outside they look different.

Really now.
It’s like saying very skinny people should be pitied just the same as very fat people.
(People do say that)
Please don’t compare the challenges. There’s little pain greater than Poor people stigma And shame and not being able to clothe and feed your family no matter how hard you work.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:46 pm

I agree. Not funny at all.
(I'm actually low income...)

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:46 pm
Oh! I just bought 1000 pairs of tfillin and went to eretz yisrael and made a massive seudah for 1000 boys whose parents couldnt afford tfillin. That was one of the best trips ever.

I just gifted a new mom with a housekeeper 9-5 everyday for her first month postpartum.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:50 pm
I don't think the thread itself is in poor taste, if we stick to laughing at #firstworldproblems that are not exactly tragic (or even realistic).

No, wealth cannot solve all problems but I do agree that it can make many many problems a lot easier to deal with. Sometimes having the ability to pay for therapy, or having the spare time and money to do good deeds for a zechus provides a small level of comfort that poor people can't afford.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics