Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Are Crazy Pieces and Middles legit? All these families that

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:22 pm
adopt a lot of kids, are they doing it for the money they make from entertainment? or are they legitimately doing it for the right reasons. I first watched the crazy pieces family on you tube facebook and thought that it was so nice that they adopted a lot of kids from foster care and the mom seems very caring, dad seems nice too, but then the more shows I watched, the more I wondered why are they posting that about their kids, so mom showed the report card of two of her kids. It's not America's business to know how your kids are doing, even if they're doing well. And the one where Alex broke up with his gf, why does the whole world have to know that? What do you think? Are the kids really happy there? Or do parents have an ulterior motive?

Einikel

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:26 pm
The whole idea of family channels is problematic IMO. There are some that treat ther kids with respect and many that don’t. It is completely unregulated which makes no sense. Any babies in movies are under child protection laws. Why should this be different? The parents make money off their kids.

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:14 pm
And the Myka Stauffer scandal 🤯 was exactly that

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
adopt a lot of kids, are they doing it for the money they make from entertainment? or are they legitimately doing it for the right reasons. I first watched the crazy pieces family on you tube facebook and thought that it was so nice that they adopted a lot of kids from foster care and the mom seems very caring, dad seems nice too, but then the more shows I watched, the more I wondered why are they posting that about their kids, so mom showed the report card of two of her kids. It's not America's business to know how your kids are doing, even if they're doing well. And the one where Alex broke up with his gf, why does the whole world have to know that? What do you think? Are the kids really happy there? Or do parents have an ulterior motive?

You can do it for the right reasons, and still be dead wrong...

I followed a blog by a single (divorced) woman in Georgia who had one bio daughter and 38 adotped children, mostly latinos, either from Central America or from Texas... She had adopted them over the years, in sibling groups of 3 to 7 children...

Many of them were terribly traumatised, and she had to institutionalise (in residential treatment facilities) at least 10 of her children...

She had a big house with a swimming pool and lots of gardens... she was a fundamentalist baptist...

But I did not like the way she spoke about her more difficult children...

On the other hand I read a blog by a Mom who adopted only one child, also traumatised, but she did the right thing... she knew what she could handle and stuck to this one child... and never talked negatively about her, even in times of crisis...

In those huge adopted families there is quite a risk that some children will have to do a lot of helping and chipping in, just because there is not enough manpower to handle it all...

Einikel

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
You can do it for the right reasons, and still be dead wrong...

I followed a blog by a single (divorced) woman in Georgia who had one bio daughter and 38 adotped children, mostly latinos, either from Central America or from Texas... She had adopted them over the years, in sibling groups of 3 to 7 children...

Many of them were terribly traumatised, and she had to institutionalise (in residential treatment facilities) at least 10 of her children...

She had a big house with a swimming pool and lots of gardens... she was a fundamentalist baptist...

But I did not like the way she spoke about her more difficult children...

On the other hand I read a blog by a Mom who adopted only one child, also traumatised, but she did the right thing... she knew what she could handle and stuck to this one child... and never talked negatively about her, even in times of crisis...

In those huge adopted families there is quite a risk that some children will have to do a lot of helping and chipping in, just because there is not enough manpower to handle it all...

38?! How is that even legal?

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:32 pm
I don't know... but I do like the Crazy Pieces. They seem like a nice family.

What her motivation is in the continued adoptions? I'm not sure. Good question.

Haven't watched the Crazy Middles yet.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:13 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
And the Myka Stauffer scandal 🤯 was exactly that

who's she?

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
who's she?

This is one random video from her channel-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0IOToJimQ

But if you type Stauffer or Myka Stauffer into youtube, tons of videos will come up from other channels who talk about what happened. They adopted a boy from China and then gave him up 2.5 years later. Used him for views, made tons of money off of him, like millions.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:25 pm
I watch them a lot and love crazy pieces. Crazy middles I find a little bit too much and I feel she doesn't have such a close connection to the young ones.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:38 pm
To be fair, some kids are brain damaged from drug exposure in utero. Kids with fetal alcohol syndrome can be especially difficult. Other kids can be very low functioning ASD.

Traumatized kids with Reactive Attachment Disorder are not curable. There are therapies, but there are no cures. These children's brains were cross wired at the time of their trauma, and that can't be undone.

There are many adoptive parents out there with big hearts and all the good intentions in the world. That does NOT mean that you are in any way qualified to parent these children. It takes a very special person with very specific training in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for these kids.

These kids may never care whether you live or die. They may never learn how to spell their name. They may have psychotic episodes, or do something very inappropriate in public and embarrass you. They might even try to molest other kids in the house. They have challenges - and they are called CHALLENGES for very good reason.

It's praiseworthy to want to take these kids out of the system and give them a good home, but after a couple of years when you are at the end of your rope, sometimes a professional care home is in the best interest of the child. I doubt anyone makes that decision lightly. Who wants to admit that they are a failure as a parent?

ROFL

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:50 pm
So I just started watching them. Did I hear right that she adopts her kids but yet was a surrogate for another family?

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:10 pm
ROFL wrote:
So I just started watching them. Did I hear right that she adopts her kids but yet was a surrogate for another family?

She has three bio kids- the older blonde girl, a teen boy around age 13/14 (Max, I think?) and a younger boy. They all look like their parents.

Bio kids aside, she has a whole bunch of adopted kids- Alex, Hannah, Aurora, and a handful of others. It's just hard to remember everyone's names.

And yes, she acted as a surrogate for another family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics