Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What’s something you’ve watched and regret watching it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:44 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I watched Titanic in the theater, and oh my gosh, I cried SO hard at that scene! I forgot most of the movie, but that scene is etched in my mind. Crying

yes, I watched it in theater too so I figure that's why it was so traumatizing. and I was pregnant and hormonal. but still...

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
GOT
The movie Atonement.

for what reason?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:54 am
why is atomement something you regret watching?

weasley

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:58 am
Ohmygosh I watched 47 metres down once worst thing I ever did! I did not realise it was a horror movie and kept thinking its going to work out in the end, it's a movie they wont end off this way, well ugh cant even think about it still!!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:59 am
cant remember the name, but it was a movie starring angela jolie about a town where someone murdered children and the police tried to make her believe they found her child even though it was the wrong kid. I found that movie SO disturbing for days after

cbsp

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:01 pm
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

From an entertainment perspective it was truly enjoyable... For my neshama? Oy.

I grew up with the recording and went to see the new production on my first foray out when I finished a year of aveilus, so the impact was even stronger.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
cant remember the name, but it was a movie starring angela jolie about a town where someone murdered children and the police tried to make her believe they found her child even though it was the wrong kid. I found that movie SO disturbing for days after

changeling I think its called. yes I agree. very disturbing and heartrending

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Omg I just came here to write this! I couldn’t sleep for a week. It’s called Changeling.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
changeling I think its called. yes I agree. very disturbing and heartrending

though I need to add, jolie's acting in that movie is superb! very different than her usual roles...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:05 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
why is atomement something you regret watching?

I loved that movie!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I watched Scary Movie which is supposed to be a comedy making fun of horror movies and I found it terrifying. I have nightmares from commercials for horror movies.

Me too! Early in my marriage quite a number of years ago, I remember there was this ad for a horror movie that used to play often and I would be terrified to get up to use the bathroom at night because of it.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I loved that movie!

Re Atonement and to all those who loved it, I KNOW, great movie, everyone told me it was so great and how much they loved it. I guess I thought I was settling in for a sweet happily ever after romance. Uh...spoiler alert, they die. Tragically. I couldn't stop thinking about her drowning in the underground tunnel during the blitz. Its what, like ten years later? I still think about that scene all the time.
So yea. Lovely movie.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:52 pm
cbsp wrote:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

From an entertainment perspective it was truly enjoyable... For my neshama? Oy.

I grew up with the recording and went to see the new production on my first foray out when I finished a year of aveilus, so the impact was even stronger.

What do you mean?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
you ladies would laugh at me. I'm so sensitive with what I watch and things really affect me for years.
the titanic where the ship slowly fills with water has my heart racing every time I go swimming. sometimes when I lay (?) in bed with dh I see the Strauss couple in bed while the room filled with water. gasp!

oliver with a twist kept me awake for weeks. the blood going down the stairs. and the guy hanging limply, my hands shake just typing this.

lots of slightly gory snippets of random decent movies are still stuck in my mind and pop up all the time.

I stopped watching orange is the new black, criminal minds, prison break and others....

I am laughing. Oliver Twist kept dh up for weeks when he was around 8 years old.

I looooved Titanic.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
What do you mean?

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has some very Vegas-showgirl style visuals... especially Eshes Potiphar. She and her retinue are quite risqué.

(This was the first Broadway musical I ever saw, when I was four! I promptly memorized the lyrics to the entire thing and have been a musical theater lover ever since. But some shows are too icky. I will never, ever, ever see Cabaret. I’m not the most refined person, but it’s so tumadik. It makes my skin crawl.)

weasley

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:18 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I am laughing. Oliver Twist kept dh up for weeks when he was around 8 years old.

I looooved Titanic.

So funny you say that! I find that theirs quite a few kids movies that are actually terrifying for kids! I was litrally traumatised from watching Matilda and I watched it back recently and was like I actually dont blame my child self for being so scared!

I dont know why they make kids movies so terrifying lol

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:33 pm
SuperWify wrote:

I looooved Titanic.

I was a young teen when I watched oliver twist and I'm very impressionable. I feel like I'm living there, experiencing or real-life watching movies.
DH always tells me I need to disconnect when I watch. easier said than done for me.

I loved titanic as well, except for the ship filling with water and people clawing on the floors trying not to slip into the sea...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:00 pm
weasley wrote:
So funny you say that! I find that theirs quite a few kids movies that are actually terrifying for kids! I was litrally traumatised from watching Matilda and I watched it back recently and was like I actually dont blame my child self for being so scared!

I dont know why they make kids movies so terrifying lol

My sister was terrified from The Brave Little Toaster 😝

cbsp

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:36 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has some very Vegas-showgirl style visuals... especially Eshes Potiphar. She and her retinue are quite risqué.

(This was the first Broadway musical I ever saw, when I was four! I promptly memorized the lyrics to the entire thing and have been a musical theater lover ever since. But some shows are too icky. I will never, ever, ever see Cabaret. I’m not the most refined person, but it’s so tumadik. It makes my skin crawl.)

So yeah, there's the risque factor.

But that sort of jived with my mental image of Eishes Potifar

I didn't need my mental images of Yaakov Avinu and the Shevatim diminished. The storyline is very disrespectful to these tzadikkim - and it's very hard to unsee it yearly when these parshios come around - or when my children learn them in Chumash.

I was thinking of also posting The Ten Commandments here but I didn't experience seeing it the way I did Joseph.

Abi6

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:05 pm
Quote:
The girl next door 2007.

Ouch,that was a favorite.But yes,I could see it being a little too much. Exclamation
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics