Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What’s something you’ve watched and regret watching it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:12 pm
Off the top of my head: a movie called Kidnap. A mother and son were at a fair and the son gets kidnapped and the mom runs after the kidnappers and keeps on almost catching up to them. Yes there's a happy ending, she rescues her son plus an attic full of children who were kidnapped for trafficking and manages to kill the kidnapper.
I had seen the preview and begged my husband that I can't watch it. Call it peer pressure and I watched it. Ever since, whenever we go out with kids I'm on high alert to make sure I see my kids (teens included) the entire time. It gets very tiring.
Which reminds me of other things I've watched and regret: another series, forgot the name. There was a family that their son disappeared and was gone for a few years and he suddenly returned. Thing is, the siblings realized the boy isn't their brother and thruout each episode there's flashbacks to where the boy was and it turned out there was another boy there with him. One day they escaped and this boy took on the other boy's identity. The last episode was where the real boy calls the fake boy and warns him he's coming for him.
Another crazy one was Criminal Minds and again, one particular episode sticks in my mind. The family went to a carnival and there were so many ppl there that someone scoops up the little girl and walks away with her and no one realizes till it's too late and it ends up being the traveling circus as well was a hotspot for child trafficking.

Reading back what I wrote: no wonder I hate going anywhere chol hamoed and hate big crowds TMI

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:14 pm
My ex-husband's YouTube history and other sites

Content which is not family friendly should not be posted here. Please stick to movies and shows only.

kenz

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:40 pm
There is a movie called I Am Dena I once saw on Hulu. I didn't even watch the whole thing, I skimmed most of it so I don't even really know the whole story, but there's a scene in the beginning where the mother dies as the result of her daughter's accidental behavior and I still can't get it out of my mind, it's horrible.

tothepoint

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:43 pm
The boy in striped pajamas

Too sad. And nauseating.

Every time I think about it I feel like throwing up (likely associated with the fact that I was pregnant then)

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:46 pm
I don't watch a lot, but can't remember ever watching something I regret. If I don't enjoy something, I just close it. I guess I don't value my time enough to regret all those HGTV episodes I've watched...
Anyhooooooo- I'd love a spin off of something you appreciated watching. I'd have more answers on that thread, and possible ideas what to watch going forward.

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:48 pm
YOU

it started off as a romance novel, but no one warned me this is about a serial killer!
you probably all know the show, so no need to explain. and if you don't know it, for good sake stay away!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:48 pm
I watched a movie years ago when I wasn’t religious and it messed me up for a very long time. I still beat myself up to this day for being curious and so stupid to watch it. I won’t even post a description or the name of the movie because it was that bad and I don’t want anyone else to go through what I went through.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:57 pm
Jeepers creepers freaked me out as a kid

The ring

The grudge

The exorcist (that part when the girl and the bed are shaking is still in my head)

Precious (I hated it. It was sad the way the girl was treated but I couldn’t get certain scenes out of my head for a good while.)

The good son

kenz

amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I don't watch a lot, but can't remember ever watching something I regret. If I don't enjoy something, I just close it. I guess I don't value my time enough to regret all those HGTV episodes I've watched...
Anyhooooooo- I'd love a spin off of something you appreciated watching. I'd have more answers on that thread, and possible ideas what to watch going forward.

I love HGTV! Very Happy
I turn things off very quickly as well, and I very rarely watch a whole movie or even a series b/c I have no patience - even when I watch I'm folding laundry or doing something else at the same time. But there are still scenes you can't get out of your head, like I mentioned above. Yuck.

amother
Salmon

Unorthodox What

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:58 pm
No one else watched the things I posted?

Well, good for you. Don’t watch them.

But I’m sad I have no one to share my traumas with Crying

kenz

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:02 pm
SuperWify wrote:
No one else watched the things I posted?

Well, good for you. Don’t watch them.

But I’m sad I have no one to share my traumas with Crying

I don't have Netflix. But truly, I empathize. I've had scenes from books I wish I'd never read too - one in particular I read as a teen that I still get grossed out thinking about. (Nothing crazy, a typical novel but still way too much info for a young girl.)

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:03 pm
Afew episodes of orange is the new black. Disgusting.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:03 pm
365. So disgusting. I only watched the first 20 minutes but still.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:05 pm
tothepoint wrote:
The boy in striped pajamas

Too sad. And nauseating.

Every time I think about it I feel like throwing up (likely associated with the fact that I was pregnant then)

My son got a new music toy when I was in my first trimester with my second kid. I still get nauseous whenever he finds that toy and turns it on. It’s been years.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

Some of them truly were nauseating. Thankfully I don’t have the best memory but I do recall a bloody tampon sandwich and some other disgusting things 🤮

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:09 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
My son got a new music toy when I was in my first trimester with my second kid. I still get nauseous whenever he finds that toy and turns it on. It’s been years.

I visited Israel for the first time in my first trimester. Big mistake.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:10 pm
Content which is not family friendly should not be posted here. Please stick to movies and shows only.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:19 pm
I enjoyed some of the films listed here, like Sixth Sense and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (though now I am bothered by its lack of realism and inaccuracy). In general I don't mind creepy or scary stuff, though I wouldn't choose something with blood and gore because it is just too unpleasant. I also don't enjoy plots involving shootouts or fistfights.

I rarely regret watching something because I figure at least now I know what it was I wouldn't want to watch, if that makes any sense at all...

Like Game of Thrones. I got started on it with very little background knowledge, and had to stop during the first episode. Now I know it really isn't for me, and I don't regret finding that out for myself.

I remember disliking a film called SAW or something like that because it was too gory. I only remember it vaguely, so no deep trauma there.

kenz

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

I've never seen it, though I've been tempted to but now I won't try, so thanks for that. You reminded me though that I did once watch an episode of Oz (pretty sure that's the name, about a men's prison) that was beyond disgusting and I can still see in my head and really wish I could erase.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics