Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What’s something you’ve watched and regret watching it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:21 pm
If something disturbs me, I either fast forward or stop watching. So, nothing, really. I know I don't like the horror genre so I avoid that stuff, anyway.

Things that I've read, though, are a different story, I am a compulsive reader. I've definitely read some depressing or disturbing stuff I wish I hadn't.

IsraeliSoul

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:28 pm
I regret almost everything I ever watched for the fact that it was such a waste of time and didn’t help me become a better person.
Would be good if you share any positive inspirational or educational stuff you’ve watched. (boring, I know)

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:30 pm
The mathausen photographer, the hanging scene
Very very sad and shocking
Also those videos people post about teachers that physically abuse children I just can’t .
I watched one that happen on Israel and my heart can’t take it

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:30 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I enjoyed some of the films listed here, like Sixth Sense and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (though now I am bothered by its lack of realism and inaccuracy). In general I don't mind creepy or scary stuff, though I wouldn't choose something with blood and gore because it is just too unpleasant. I also don't enjoy plots involving shootouts or fistfights.

I rarely regret watching something because I figure at least now I know what it was I wouldn't want to watch, if that makes any sense at all...

Like Game of Thrones. I got started on it with very little background knowledge, and had to stop during the first episode. Now I know it really isn't for me, and I don't regret finding that out for myself.

I remember disliking a film called SAW or something like that because it was too gory. I only remember it vaguely, so no deep trauma there.

I don't watch too many movies, so I can't relate to too many of these, but the inaccuracies in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas has always bothered me, although I loved the film. Isn't it unrealistic to say that a concentration camp prisoner was able to make a friend from outside the camp and get to chat with him on a regular basis without getting caught, instead of doing the harsh labor?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:34 pm
I specifically never watched (or read) Boy in Striped Pajamas because I knew it would disturb me.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:35 pm
The first presidential debate. One hour of my life I’ll never get back😢

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:37 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The first presidential debate. One hour of my life I’ll never get back😢

I started it. Gave up after the first 5 min. I'm very picky with what I watch, lol. I knew it would be a frustrating & annoying show, and had better things to do.

rdmom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:41 pm
I really don’t remember who the actors were. Or what the plot line was about. Main character was a red headed older female. A witch maybe. Cuz all I remember was the shoes dancing at night. They would just move on their own. A flying bed maybe too? Not sure.
But I was a kid and watched it at a cousins house. And for years, I never put my shoes together at night. I would always davka leave it messy so they wouldn’t dance. The trauma.

I just google. Angela Lansbury.
Bedknobs and broomsticks

Last edited by rdmom on Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:46 pm
My taste in films are sweet and sentimental... I love romcoms. I hate horror.

So I can't think of any movie that really creeped me out.

Only one I can remember is from when I was a kid, "Something Wicked This Way Comes." I didn't watch the whole thing, just bits and pieces but it was enough to really scare and disturb me.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:48 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I don't watch too many movies, so I can't relate to too many of these, but the inaccuracies in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas has always bothered me, although I loved the film. Isn't it unrealistic to say that a concentration camp prisoner was able to make a friend from outside the camp and get to chat with him on a regular basis without getting caught, instead of doing the harsh labor?

It would really depend on which camp it was and which section. Not all prisoners were treated the same.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:56 pm
The Handmaids Tale and The Hunger Games.
I couldn't stop thinking about the Hunger Games for at least 2 weeks after I watched it and I also kept dreaming about it.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:26 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

To be fair, it doesn't claim to be accurate. I hated how the ending plays on your heartstrings
Hidden: 

when the Nazi's "innocent" son dies.

As if the million children who were killed somehow deserved it?? I hated my immediate reaction to the ending.

I think that realization is sort of the point, but it might just go over people's heads.

There are unfortunately enough true holocaust stories.

farm

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:01 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
My taste in films are sweet and sentimental... I love romcoms. I hate horror.

So I can't think of any movie that really creeped me out.

Only one I can remember is from when I was a kid, "Something Wicked This Way Comes." I didn't watch the whole thing, just bits and pieces but it was enough to really scare and disturb me.

Crazy horrible movie! I saw at a birthday party when I was 10 and still get creeped out. The carousel turning while the people on the ride get older each rotation... The Ferris wheel full of people then empty after a rotation...
((( shudder )))

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:24 am
farm wrote:
Crazy horrible movie! I saw at a birthday party when I was 10 and still get creeped out. The carousel turning while the people on the ride get older each rotation... The Ferris wheel full of people then empty after a rotation...
((( shudder )))

The book isn't that disturbing, though. Read it years ago and loved it.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:39 am
As a kid, over 40 years ago, I watched a Freddie Kruger horror movie. Was it called friday the 13th? Don’t recall exactly. But I do remember the guy in the butcher slicing deli With the big metal machine and slicing his fingers off, blood squirting, screaming! To this day every time I pass that slicer I relive that image! 40 years later!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:40 am
Clockwork Orange, or something with a similar name. Watched it 20 years ago (was pressured into it by someone who insisted it was a 'classic') and still can't get it out of my head. And it's not like I was a sheltered kid; I grew up secular, read whatever I wanted. But this was extreme.

Lesson learned - don't let anyone pressure you into watching something that makes you uncomfortable.

baby12x

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:49 am
youngishbear wrote:
To be fair, it doesn't claim to be accurate. I hated how the ending plays on your heartstrings
Hidden: 

when the Nazi's "innocent" son dies.

As if the million children who were killed somehow deserved it?? I hated my immediate reaction to the ending.

I think that realization is sort of the point, but it might just go over people's heads.

There are unfortunately enough true holocaust stories.

Yad v'shem condemned this movie for that exact reason.

Btw- how do you mark words as hidden like that?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:11 am
Jimmy Kimmel Puke
Any Reality TV including news/late night shows. Cringe scripted shows.

mommy12

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:38 am
A creepy alien invasion show that my husband and I used to watch together. It was so awful that it was only on for one season, but when it ended, the alien entity had taken control of kids through electricity, and every time our lights blinked or the power went out after that we joked that that's what it was.

Many episodes of Criminal Minds late at night when my husband was not home. Also, the weeping angels from Dr. Who. One of the creepiest things I have ever watched.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:18 am
Room
A girl kidnapped and held for seven years who gave birth to a son and was raped by her kidnaper daily. Was able to escape..but the whole thing was terrible.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics