Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anti Semitism replacing Racism
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:18 am
exaustedmom wrote:
On a whole, MOST anti semitism in this country comes from the LEFT. FACT!!

This is really true. Jews are viewed as having the ultimate white privilege. Many RW farm communities don't observe Covid precautions and sometimes this goes sour on them because it spreads to rural nursing homes and other vulnerable people but nevertheless, they feel that SD and masks undermines their way of life so much so that they are willing to risk people's lives over it. While I don't think that these types would welcome having frum Jews as neighbors, they would agree with frum communities that ignore the rules.

simcha2

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:27 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
Strong loyalty to the left or the right causes people to tolerate anti-Semitism. If the opposition to the other major party is stronger than the opposition to anti-Semitism, it's only natural.

This is really astute (and a little bit scary)

saw50st8

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:30 pm
I am horrified by the number of people I know (including Jews) defending Cuomo's behavior. It is absolutely egregious.

Jews should be treated as individuals the same way everyone else is. Cuomo could have addressed institutional policies who were violating or allowing violations. Instead he chose to attack Jews as a large community.

Jews are people too.

Do I wish more Jews in NYC would wear masks and social distance? Yes. Do I think targeting Jewish communities is ok? Absolutely not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics