Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
About how big are your bedrooms?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:39 am
This is more for people who live outside of the US. I was talking to a woman who lives here in Argentina, but she’s Armenian. She asked me if I have a big apartment. I told her it’s okay and proceeded to describe it. When I told her that I have 4 bedrooms, she said, wow that’s a lot. I told her but they’re not big. One, the smallest, which was built for a live in, fits a bed (we have a bunkbed in there) and a dresser. That’s it, not even a closet. She said that’s a nice size. Everything is relative!!! The largest bedroom is the master and after our two beds and dresser, there’s about 2 feet at the foot of the bed to walk and less on the sides. We do have large beds though and there is a closet which is a dumb one.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:53 am
My kids bedrooms are very small

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:54 am
My master is pretty big. 2 Full beds. There is room for another full bed in between +
But the beds are pushed against the wall. I like the space in the middle mire than on the sides. .it has a decent closet. There are about 5 feet from the foot if the bed to the wall.

Now the kids bedrooms are a different story....
1 room has a 39" high riser bed + a toddler in an L shaoe firmation. There is a cube dresser and a night chest. A 18" wide little bookshelf. With a little lounge chair. A 4x6 rug in the center. You barelt see the actual floor. My 2 daughters sleep in there. It's Very crowded.
The baby room has a reg size crib a dresser. A glider woth the foot stool. Its more airy becusse there are less stuff in there but its pretty small.

Both rooms have nice closet sizes but its built with a very narrow door so most of the space is hidden from veiw. Inside hanging across with one shelf on top.

We have a small but decent sized guest room downstairs.
Out house is small. 1,100 sq ft. On the main floor for 3 bedrooms bathroom living room dining room and eat in kitchen. Small. But pretty typical for NY suburban house built in the 1950s.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:19 am
I live in S.Fl in an apartment, but it’s huge.
I have 3 bedrooms 21/2 bathrooms
My bedroom has 2 king beds plus a futon couch. A massive walk-in closet that could be another huge bedroom (like the ones you see in the movies with a sitting area in the middle of the closet) the closet has drawers, so no need for a dresser. Also I have an en-suite that has a massive shower with a built in bench (it use to be a jacuzzi bathtub but was changed to a shower) The thing is it still looks proportionate, it all fits nicely, and there’s still lots of room.
The second bedroom has 2 full beds, 2 pull outs underneath, a dresser, an armoire, a night table, a small walk-in closet, and an en-suite bathroom. The pull outs fit but you don’t have room to walk around when they are pulled out
The third bedroom is suppose to be a maid’s bedroom. It’s off the kitchen, so instead of a bedroom I built floor to ceiling pantries for all my Pesach stuff and on the other wall I have an extra fridge and freezer, 2 seperate units.
BTW- it’s only DH and myself.
We use to host a lot but with corona the kids are not able to enjoy.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:33 am
Kids rooms
One bedroom has a 39" hi riser, but bed underneath only pulls out halfways because I have a big crib on opposite wall.
Room's width is width of 1 1/2 beds plus width of large crib

Other bedroom width is 2 33 inch beds + 1-2 feet

Bklyn

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:36 am
I live in Israel in a 79 square meter apartment, most of which in the living room, kitchen, small laundry room and two small bathrooms. Whatever is left is the three bedrooms. They're all pretty small, though we make the most of the space as best as possible.

It's hard to judge a room size based on what furniture you have in there because it's all relative to the future size. Not too long ago there was a thread with a mother saying she could hardly fit two kids and their stuff into a room that turned out to be larger than other people's bedrooms that had even more stuff in them.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:11 am
I think only measurements would be accurate, as some consider big what others consider tight.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:27 am
One bedroom width 7.5 feet other bedroom width 9.5 feet

Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:35 am
We have 4 bedrooms. Two are about 215 sq ft (20 m2), one is 130 sq ft (12 m2) and one big room that is currently 375 sq ft (35m2) but we want to split it into two children's bedrooms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics