Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Guest tested positive
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:55 pm
Someone was a guest in our home and just tested positive today. Guest was displaying symptoms that they thought were allergies.

We all had it in March. Whoever in my family tested for antibodies tested positive but me and some of my kids did not test yet. We are at work /school. What now???? Can I take the kids to get tested for antibodies so we don't have to quarantine???? Do I need to leave work this second? Help!

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:58 pm
I would tell your boss something came up and you need the rest of the day off. whichever of your kids don't have antibodies, take them out of school... once you're home call your dr and find out whether you can get tested or if you should just stay home for 2 weeks

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:00 pm
It probably depends where you live. I don't think antibodies will get anyone out of quarantine in NYS.

At my employer, we would have to immediately inform our boss (ideally via phone) and leave work. Probably also depends what one does specifically as a job.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:11 pm
ugh sorry! please call and ask your dr

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:17 pm
Please call school and follow their policy. You don't want to be the shaliach for someone else's tzara.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:17 pm
I would take everyone for rapids today.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Waste of time, they could test negative today and positive tomorrow

elisheva25

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

This!!!
If it’s negative you can all resume life quicker

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Please call school and follow their policy. You don't want to be the shaliach for someone else's tzara.

School has no policies Sad

gingleale

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:21 pm
You need to pick everyone up and go into a 14 day quarantine. Here you can not test out of it even with antibodies.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
School has no policies Sad

That's terrible.

March is too long ago to rely on antibodies. Was this person your guest within 48 hours of showing the first symptoms? If so, you are supposed to quarantine for 14 days from the last day you had close contact with this person. I would definitely not rely on a rapid test which has an extremely high rate of false negatives. At most I would do a regular test after 5 days have passed since your last contact.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:28 pm
That's terrible.

March is too long ago to rely on antibodies. Was this person your guest within 48 hours of showing the first symptoms? If so, you are supposed to quarantine for 14 days from the last day you had close contact with this person. I would definitely not rely on a rapid test which has an extremely high rate of false negatives. At most I would do a regular test after 5 days have passed since your last contact.

In April the rapids weren't so accurate. My doctor said his are 97% accurate now.

Insurance will pay for one rapid a day. Maybe all go for rapids every day before work and school if you're nervous that you will become positive tomorrow or st.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:29 pm
Nice job having guest. Good judgement.
But your family, some of them at least may have antibodies (still), so it's all fine.
Don't tell anyone, as you don't want to be embarrassed. Who cares if you spread COVID, such a small percentage of people actually die from it anyway, and if they do it is the hospital is at fault for providing them with ineffective treatment. It's really all just antisemitism.

Throw your tomatoes. It only bothers you because you know I am correct.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:31 pm
That's terrible.

Dh tested last week for antibodies and had a good level.
If it wasn't within 48 hrs- if it was after that- we'd be ok?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:32 pm
Seriously, you need to all go into quarantine and inform everyone-boss, school, other people you interacted with.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
In April the rapids weren't so accurate. My doctor said his are 97% accurate now.

Insurance will pay for one rapid a day. Maybe all go for rapids every day before work and school if you're nervous that you will become positive tomorrow or st.

I'm not aware of any rapids that are 97% accurate about negative results. I know people who tested negative on a rapid in the last few weeks even once they already had symptoms for a day or two. If someone had NO exposure and needs to test for whatever reason (school/ work requirement), ok. But it's simply not reliable when someone has symptoms or knows they were exposed.

imasinger

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Nice job having guest. Good judgement.
But your family, some of them at least may have antibodies (still), so it's all fine.
Don't tell anyone, as you don't want to be embarrassed. Who cares if you spread COVID, such a small percentage of people actually die from it anyway, and if they do it is the hospital is at fault for providing them with ineffective treatment. It's really all just antisemitism.

Throw your tomatoes. It only bothers you because you know I am correct.

I will throw some.

I'm a big advocate for caution, but this post is just cruel.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:35 pm
I'm not aware of any rapids that are 97% accurate about negative results. I know people who tested negative on a rapid in the last few weeks even once they already had symptoms for a day or two. If someone had NO exposure and needs to test for whatever reason (school/ work requirement), ok. But it's simply not reliable when someone has symptoms or knows they were exposed.

Its super normal to test negative with symptoms because there are other illnesses in the world believe it or not.

Not sure how to convice you that my dr said this but wtvr. He has been a pretty vocal dr throughout the pandemic..

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:35 pm
imasinger wrote:
I will throw some.

I'm a big advocate for caution, but this post is just cruel.

Maybe it will make just one person think twice and not have guests.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dh tested last week for antibodies and had a good level.
If it wasn't within 48 hrs- if it was after that- we'd be ok?
They are considered contagious 2 days before first symptoms or 2 days before positive test, whichever is first. If you were exposed more than 48 hours before symptoms or testing you were not exposed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics