Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Meoros bais yaakov and Neemas BY Info please!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:31 pm
I am moving to lakewood next year and my daughter will be in primary (bh moving the right time)

Can anyone tell me about meoros by?

Also, is it too late if I apply now?

Thank you !

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:20 pm
In addition, can someone fill me in on Neemas Bais Yaakov?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
In addition, can someone fill me in on Neemas Bais Yaakov?

Great idea, I never heard much about that either. Changing the thread title to include that.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:34 pm
Thank you.I know someone who didn't get in last year but don't know anyone there.Anyone have the number for applications?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:40 pm
I think interviews are going on now so definitely apply asap. My daughter is older so these schools weren’t on my radar, but from what I hear, Nachlas and Bnos Esther Malka might also be options for you if you’re looking into these two schools. And maybe Bnos Bracha.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:41 pm
Thanks. Any specific info on Neemas and Meoros...

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:43 pm
Neemas is a small warm school. So far we are very happy there. I don't know if they are moving more to the right but I would say it's a similar parent body to nachlas now.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:45 pm
Is it an organized school? I tend to find some of the newer schools not to be on top of their game..whats with Neemas and is it warm?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:48 pm
Is it an organized school? I tend to find some of the newer schools not to be on top of their game..whats with Neemas and is it warm?

Interesting, the few people I know at Neemas are not as right wing as Meoros, but hopefully other posters can give you more info. At one point we were looking into schools for my daughter to switch to (at a later stage) and we got the impression that Meoros is more yeshivish than Bnos Esther Malka, but honestly it’s splitting hairs at this point. Those schools are all somewhat similar.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:49 pm
Agreed...Is Neemas warm and academic ? What about Meoros?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:51 pm
Neemas is very warm, so far it's only two classes so you can't compare to a large school, but it's very organized and well run. I don't know how to compare academics at such young ages but they are definitely on par with the other schools and they are learning a lot and moving quickly.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:20 pm
Anyone can help with more info on Meoros?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:39 pm
I am pretty RW and we send to Bnos Esther Malka. I wouldn’t say it’s less yeshivish than any of the above mentioned schools. Seems pretty frum to me.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:26 pm
Neemas is really hard to tell what it will become because it is only in year two. So far nice normal families, middle of the road frum, but definitely accepted some more to the left than what meoros or bnos esther malka would take just because it is new and couldn't be as picky. Maybe they will be going forward.

Meoros is a great school but super hard to get into. Middle of the road frum, nice regular families, not super yeshivish but definitely solid frum. They are already giving interviews and starting acceptances this week so the time to apply and call pull to push for an interview was yesterday. Better to apply now before it is too late.

Best of luck

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:59 pm
Pretty funny but my understanding is that Bnos Esther Malka is closer to Tehiilas Chaya Sara and much more left, a great school but nowhere like Meoros. The rule is to do a lot of research from lots of people and apply fast!!! All great schools.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:02 pm
Pretty funny but my understanding is that Bnos Esther Malka is closer to Tehiilas Chaya Sara and much more left, a great school but nowhere like Meoros. The rule is to do a lot of research from lots of people and apply fast!!! All great schools.

Bnos esther malka is actually more to the right of meoros though a lot of the parent body could overlap. Bnos esther malka is also more established than Meoros and therefore has the better name technically, if that means anything to you. Neemas is frummer than tehilas chaya sara but definitely has more overlap in parent body type to tehilas chaya sara than either bem or meoros.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:06 pm
That's not true neemas is not similar to tehilas chaya sara parent body. It's more similar to meoros and nachlas. They care a lot about tznius and not using social media.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:08 pm
Pretty obvious that folks from each school are promoting each school to their own liking.I suggest calling real people for real info.

sara111444

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:10 pm
Pretty funny as people are clearly making up info here..bnos esther malka is known to accept things that others don't but instead of fighting on keyboards do real research and daven

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:18 pm
I don't care either way I don't gain or lose whether anyone sends to the school I send to or not. I was just trying to help the op with an honest opinion about my experience. Maybe everyone should stick to only giving information about their own school, since you only really know your school. Either way good luck, I'm out.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries