Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Stuffed peppers vegetarian please?

artsy

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:54 am
Is the point to put a cooked filling (like rice and beans) and then cook the filled pepper to soften outside?
How high should liquid be in pan/pot?
Please tell me the easiest way (as specific as possible with everything including filling) to make a a vegetarian version of stuffed peppers.

Teomima

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:51 am
I sautee some finely diced veggies (onions, celery, carrots, zucchini), season heavily (salt, pepper, cumin, sweet, smoked, and hot paprika, tumeric, parsley, a bit of thyme and oregano), then add uncooked rice and olive oil to toast and season the rice a bit.

Fill hollowed peppers 2/3 full with this veggie and raw rice mixture, pack upright into tall pan, pour tomato juice and crushed tomatoes in and around the peppers, cover tightly and bake for a good long time.

Same recipe for stuffed zucchini, carrots, onions, etc.

ChanieMommy

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 3:09 am
I have a nice receipe for tomatoes stuffed with breadcrumbs, but I don't know if this will work with peppers...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals