Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I’m so confused. Please help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:03 am
Wanted to clarify:
If the classmate of a child (age 6) tested positive, & the said child tested negative, does this child need to refrain from staying home from school?

This positive tested child did not go to school & didn’t expose himself to the class.
He was home for Yom Tov & apparently caught it from his grandmother. But for cautionary reasons, the school told the classmates parents & the whole class had to test.

But like I stated, this child is negative.
Is there a reason y he needs to still be home ??

I think not, but want to confirm.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:09 am
No, he can go to school and not quarantine. If the child who tested positive had been to school, then the negative test wouldn't be enough; he would have to stay home for the full quarantine. But since your child hasn't been with this kid since before Yom Tov, you're good. Assuming, of course, that he had no playdates with him. If your son had a playdate with a classmate that had recently had a playdate with this child, consult your doctor.

Simple1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:09 am
If he wasn't exposed, then why is there a concern at all?

Mothers

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:10 am
I guess they tested the class out of an abundance of caution, but if your child was not exposed to anyone Positive, then I can’t think of a reason that he should stay home. Is the school saying he has to stay home?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:51 am
The cdc now states exposure is if you were exposed for 15 minutes or more in ac24 hour period. If child wasn't exposed, there shouldn't be a concern

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:27 am
Was the negative tested child exposed (as discussed above) in the last 14 days? Did they develop any symptoms? If it's no to either of those, then even without a test, it doesn't seem to require quarantining/staying home from school. Now, if the school would like a negative test to be sure, I guess that was done, but strictly speaking, if they weren't around each other in the last 14 days and the child hasn't had any symptoms, then they should be fine as far as that concern.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:43 am
I was just told that the whole class needs to stay home for 2 weeks.
It’s crazy

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was just told that the whole class needs to stay home for 2 weeks.
It’s crazy
if anything, it would be 2 weeks from last exposure, whenever that was, to make sure no symptoms develop within that time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics