Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What to do with my baby??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:20 am
Ok I need to know what you would all do in this situation. It comes up in various forms so often.

Baby woke up early in the morning, by 8:15 am is really kvetchy and needing to go back to sleep. Can't take toddler to preschool till 9 am.

Would you hold up a miserable baby till 9:15 to nap?

Would you put baby in and wake after a half hour to bring toddler to preschool, potentially having a miserable morning because baby won't take another nap but first was too short?

Would you put baby for nap and take toddler to preschool late?

Call on neighbors for favors to babysit or take toddler to preschool?

Or what?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:25 am
I had this in the afternoons for an entire year. I woke my baby every day to pick up my daughter from the bus stop. I didn’t see any other option. Couldn’t ask anyone else to watch the baby. They were all busy with their own pickups...

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:27 am
I would put the baby to sleep and then wake him, unless it's easier to hold the nap up. If it was just once in awhile, and I had a neighbor who was also sending that could take my kid along, I would make the call to see.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:29 am
I put my baby to sleep in the car seat when I was in this situation.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:31 am
Put the baby to sleep in car seat or stroller (do you walk or drive ?)

healthymom1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:26 am
I keep my baby up and he falls asleep in car and transfers fine when we get home. He naps around 2 hours.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:14 am
How do you get to preschool? If walking, just put the baby in the stroller and leave a little early and take the scenic route/let your toddler dilly dally as much as he wants along the way, etc. Baby should sleep nicely that way. If you're driving it's a bit more complicated, but maybe you could still leave a little early and drive around the block a few times before actually driving to school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics