Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
I am so overwhlmed
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:56 pm
I recently moved. I am so overwhelmed at unpacking. I want to just ignore all the boxes.

Every time someone offers help- which is so kind And appreciated- I feel like crying.

Hugs welcome!

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I recently moved. I am so overwhelmed at unpacking. I want to just ignore all the boxes.

Every time someone offers help- which is so kind And appreciated- I feel like crying.

Hugs welcome!

Do u have family helping?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:08 pm
Hugs, I’m with you sista.
There are a few approaches to moving. One of them is to unpack it all in a day or 2 and then reshuffle things as you go along.

Others like me, take it slowly- do the basics the first few days, then work on a box or 2 day, skip some days. Whatever works. Just take it easy. Those boxes won’t escape!

Hatzlacha!

lk1234

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:11 pm
It is extremely overwhelming to move - I totally hear you. Maybe if people are offering you help, take them up on it. Many hands make light work.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:16 pm
lk1234 wrote:
It is extremely overwhelming to move - I totally hear you. Maybe if people are offering you help, take them up on it. Many hands make light work.

I’m curious though how this works- like don’t you want things placed according to your preference and how frequently things are used?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:52 pm
To be honest I bought my house almost 5 years ago. I finally got rid of 5 or 6 boxes during corona and still have another 5-6 in the basement. Don't stress. Unpack what you need now first and do the rest slowly.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:58 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I’m curious though how this works- like don’t you want things placed according to your preference and how frequently things are used?

I took help with the kitchen and bathroom the first day we moved in. Much easier for someone to help with those rooms. And once the kitchen was set, we had a functioning home. And I managed to unpack the rest that same week.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:46 am
It took me 3 weeks to unpack. Give yourself a certain number of hours a day to unpack and then take a break til the next day. Dont take it as pressure. ((HUGS))

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:11 am
Take it in small segments.

I hired my cleaning lady to help as she did a lot of the physical work and I supervised and made decisions. She is actually more organized than I am especially since she is the one who puts laundry away, dishes and uses the cleaning products anyway.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:12 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I took help with the kitchen and bathroom the first day we moved in. Much easier for someone to help with those rooms. And once the kitchen was set, we had a functioning home. And I managed to unpack the rest that same week.

I would like to do this. If my kitchen would be unpacked I would feel more under control. The problem is the boxes are not well organized and labeled so it's hard to do that

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 7:27 am
I use the 18-minute rule to get overwhelming things done. Set a timer for 18 minutes. Turn on an audiobook or good music so you have something to focus on besides the thoughts running through your head of how much work there is etc. Work until the timer goes off. Usually by then the task I was scared of seems manageable, and I feel like doing more, so I take a 10-minute break and then do more. But, if I stop after 18 minutes, that's okay too. 18 minutes each day will eventually get you there!

amother
Red

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 7:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would like to do this. If my kitchen would be unpacked I would feel more under control. The problem is the boxes are not well organized and labeled so it's hard to do that

Can you start opening boxes to see what's inside and bringing just the boxes with mostly kitchen supplies to the kitchen?

yersp

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 7:57 am
The kitchen and bathroom was the most overwhelming for me. I had someone unpack that for me. Once the kitchen was unpacked, I reorganized according to my preferences one cabinet at a time.

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:18 am
Hugs. We went through this ~ a month ago and it was not fun. I tried to only do a bit of unpacking each day but it turns out I hate being surrounded by boxes so I ended up just taking off a day from work and doing it all then.

Amarante's suggestion of a cleaning lady or other person to help is great, if that's an option for you. Otherwise I hope it goes smoothly and quickly and you love your new home.

Heart Heart Heart

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:20 am
Oh hon, I had the same... Moving is a pain. Hatzloche and take your time. I'm feeling realexed when my kitchen is done and I have a full book shelf and a couch

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:30 am
Just went through this. Still not recovered. We had no help and our toddler was home from school. It was really hard. Moving is so hard. Take baby steps

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:34 am
If I was unpacking I would still have many boxes 6 years later. Lol
Dh unpacked everything within first two days.

Defenitely get help with the kitchen and bathrooms if possible.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:42 am
I have the opposite problem. I’m moving soon and don’t know where to start with putting things IN the boxes!

IsraeliSoul

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:48 am
I know. it’s hard. Been there, done that. The boxes were all over the place for weeks. Hardest part was that my house was still so new and strange and all I wanted to do is go back home.

The kitchen is the hardest but most important room to unpack and get organized. It’ll be much easier for you when that’s in order.

And mazel tov! Your new home should be filled with happiness and blessings!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 11:06 am
I know how you feel, we moved a few days before rosh hashana, and I was 6 weeks pregnant and so il and sick. Every room was so full of boxes and furniture and I just wanted to cry. My husband decided though that come what may we wont have 1 box left by the time yt comes in, and he worked so so hard, just going through box by box. I had my cleaner unpack my kitchen and bathrooms, and I managed to also do a little myself. And somehow we were done by yt minus a few boxes in the spare room.
Its totally not organised how I like it, but it's livable, and iyh once I start feeling better I can organise slowly room by room.
So basically in short im saying you will get there!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating