Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Covid but baby is sick!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:32 pm
Tested positive for Covid 14 days ago, all in quarantine.

Now baby is really not well for a week, I’m suspecting an ear infection or thrush? (He had a fungal diaper rash like 3 weeks ago)

Miserable all night, some fever. Obviously could also be corona but it’s been the full 14 days since my Dh onset of symptoms and I’m feeling so guilty not taking the baby to the doctor!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:35 pm
Isn’t your doc doing video visits?

If you were positive 14 days ago, wouldn’t you think you’re negative by now?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:35 pm
Please take the baby to urgent care or pediatrician asap!!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:36 pm
If you tested positive 14 days ago, isn’t your quarantine over? Or are you still sick?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:36 pm
You’re allowed to leave quarantine to get medical care.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:38 pm
Your baby is really sick for a week and you haven’t called the dr?

Miri1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:40 pm
The baby should be seen if he's been sick for a week, whether it's covid or something else.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:41 pm
Ppl that test positive with symptoms are done with quarantine 10days as long as they have no more fever.

Miri1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:42 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
If you tested positive 14 days ago, isn’t your quarantine over? Or are you still sick?

In theory the baby is quarantined but that shouldn't stop her from bringing him in to be seen.

Miri1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Ppl that test positive with symptoms are done with quarantine 10days as long as they have no more fever.

24 hours fever free

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:58 pm
Have you called your pediatrician yet?

If not, why not?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:04 am
Because I assumed it was viral. No high fevers and broke with medicine. He’s also been playing fine and happy otherwise. Wasn’t worried until today when I decided it’s been too long for him to not feel well. Now my pediatrician doesn’t work till Monday which means a random urgent care doctor:(

Ironically I’m always the first to run to the doctor but this really seemed to be a classic virus+ we were quarantined so I waited it out. Shoots.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Because I assumed it was viral. No high fevers and broke with medicine. He’s also been playing fine and happy otherwise. Wasn’t worried until today when I decided it’s been too long for him to not feel well. Now my pediatrician doesn’t work till Monday which means a random urgent care doctor:(

Ironically I’m always the first to run to the doctor but this really seemed to be a classic virus+ we were quarantined so I waited it out. Shoots.

Covid *is* viral.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:10 am
Please take the baby to the doctor to be on the safe side. I’m taking my kid tomorrow. If not my husband will take him

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:28 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Covid *is* viral.

Right so for that we wouldn’t need a doctor and it wouldn’t help. Not planning on testing him as his symptoms started the same time as mine so out of quarantine stage anyways as soon as his symptoms are over. And anyways not going anywhere as long as he’s congested or taking Tylenol.

I will call tomorrow and ask if I can bring him in. You guys make it sound like it’s no big deal to go if you’re in quarantine but when we tested they told us clearly- other family members should not come test they should assume they have it and don’t come back if you need more treatment call or go to the hospital and tell them you’re positive. Do I think it’s normal/ makes sense? No but we are living in crazy times.

I’m also 39 weeks pregnant and haven’t been at the docs for 3+ weeks because they make you wait for 14 days since last symptom (god knows where they picked that arbitrary #). I thought it was nuts and insisted on being seen so they sent me to the hospital (they were fine with me coming in cuz I was 14 days past onset and Bh no fever for a few days at that point).

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:45 am
Your baby can see a random urgent care dr when he's not feeling well, you dont need his pediatrician for that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 11:49 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Your baby can see a random urgent care dr when he's not feeling well, you dont need his pediatrician for that.

I know but it’s been useless the past couple of times - missed thrush, and an ear infection and roseola. I tried three diff places. Going to go to a different ped today not an urgent care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics