Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler quarantine

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 6:16 am
How does one entertain toddlers during quarantine?

Can’t see friends. Can’t go to the park. Lots of backyard time if the weather cooperates. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten. One is old enough to pacify with new activities such as coloring, play do, etc. the other one isn’t quite at the point of being able to play without putting things in the mouth. How can I be at 2 places at once? I mean 3 because oh yeah... I also need to work 😭😭😭

bnm

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:13 pm
Toveedo.com

bnm

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:14 pm
Make a schedule and pace it out. A bath can take 45 minutes if you have the proper toys, bubble bath/bathbombs/spray bubble soaps. Coloring and stickers for 10 minutes. Do dots on Amazon Boxes will last 15 minutes plus 5 minutes of wiping walls.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:17 pm
You can take a walk and explore with her while keeping a super cautious distance.
You can spread peanuts or another object around the yard and have her collect them all.
Finger painting is fun.
We just did this with my toddler and newborn. It was hard, but I tried to give some structure to our day. Also, I didn't have to work bH!

healthymom1

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:17 pm
Baking (decorating cakes cookies cupcakes)
Painting (older one can use fingers and brushes) younger one tape plastic table cloth on floor and put in diaper.
Bath time. Color in the bath.
Dance parties.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:20 pm
healthymom1 wrote:
Baking (decorating cakes cookies cupcakes)
Painting (older one can use fingers and brushes) younger one tape plastic table cloth on floor and put in diaper.
Bath time. Color in the bath.
Dance parties.

Baking is a great idea too. I did that with my toddler. Muffins was fun. She helped scoop mix into the pan with a tablespoon and then she helped with the crumble. And of course with the mixing

avrahamama

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:21 pm
This lady has the best blog.https://www.growingajeweledrose.com/search/label/favorite%20posts?m=1

Every activity is so muchcj fun. And I learned from her to just do all the messy activities in the bath and then hose them down after.

And also she makes bathtime so much fun. I put glow sticks in the bath last week and my kids were so happy. The bubbles were illuminated by the diff color glow sticks. It was so pretty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics