Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Upset at the dishonesty (cheap supermarket)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:06 am
I bought a pack of 4 Kleenex boxes for 6.99 in some cheap supermarket that sells lots of deals all the time.
(Jewish owed store).
It’s in no way real Kleenex.
It feel like the cheap 39 cent boxes.
(I suspected it when I saw the boxes, it looked a bit off, but figured I’ll trust them)

This isn’t the first time this happens. So many of their products are knockoffs, or damaged goods.
I can’t believe how many people fall for this.

But more so, I’m upset at the dishonesty of these store owners.
How are they ok ripping people off like that?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:14 am
What is dishonest ? If it’s in a store that sells knockoffs or not perfect items it’s not dishonest to sell them unless they are charging the same standard price as if it was not a knockoff.
If an item is past due date by law they cannot sell it but otherwise it is not dishonest. You need to reframe and realize it’s a discounted store with discounted items

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
What is dishonest ? If it’s in a store that sells knockoffs or not perfect items it’s not dishonest to sell them unless they are charging the same standard price as if it was not a knockoff.
If an item is past due date by law they cannot sell it but otherwise it is not dishonest. You need to reframe and realize it’s a discounted store with discounted items

Advertise “Kleenex tissues” for example?
And sell some knockoff that say Kleenex on the box?
For the quality tissues I got I could’ve bought 4 boxes for 2.99, not 6.99
How is that not dishonest?

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:19 am
Kleenex is a brand name for tissues. Only Kleenex brand can put that on their box. What did your box say?

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Advertise “Kleenex tissues” for example?
And sell some knockoff that say Kleenex on the box?
For the quality tissues I got I could’ve bought 4 boxes for 2.99, not 6.99
How is that not dishonest?

Just saw this, we cross posted. You bought a Chinese import. Going into a store that sells knockoffs, you are supporting this. You should realize actual Kleenex brand will never be that cheap.

Last edited by watergirl on Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:24 am
watergirl wrote:
Kleenex is a brand name for tissues. Only Kleenex brand can put that on their box. What did your box say?

It says Kleenex but it’s clearly a knockoff.
It looks a bit different than the typical Kleenex boxes.
I’ve had this with many products there. Otherwise I wouldn’t care too much.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I am so confused. It sounds like you knew going in that it was knockoff.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:31 am
watergirl wrote:

Just saw this, we cross posted. You bought a Chinese import. Going into a store that sells knockoffs, you are supporting this. You should realize actual Kleenex brand will never be that cheap.

I don’t agree. Good stores I shop at have sale items every week. They’re mostly great.
Amazon and Walmart put Kleenex on sale very many times and they’re real.
I know my Kleenex 😀

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:36 am
watergirl wrote:
I am so confused. It sounds like you knew going in that it was knockoff.

No they clearly advertise them as Kleenex.
But the texture of the box plus the font of the words made me suspicious and now the actual tissues confirmed it’s fake.

Again, a one time thing wouldn’t bother me, mistakes can happen. But this is so common in this store.

Kumphort

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:44 am
I never heard of Kleenex knockoffs. If anything they are probably marketed for another country with lower expectations.
Lesson learned
$$ wasted should be a kaparah

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:47 am
I'm in Israel and was buying when Amazon had their free shipping. I remember people talking about different levels of their tissues that they aren't all the same even though they are manufactured by Kleenex brand.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 8:56 am
Kleenex will clog up the toilet if it's being used on Shabbos in place of toilet paper because Kleenex is very strong. I once did an experiment and put several types of tissues and toilet paper in water to see what would happen. After several hours of sitting in water, Kleenex had not dissolved like toilet paper and cheap tissues. Since many frum families flush tissues on Shabbos, the cheapest ones are the safest bet for the plumbing.
I agree with posters who say that store brands are not the same quality as national brands; however, read Consumer reports because some house brands are even better than name brands.

number

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:04 am
Op if you know the store sells counterfeit goods then why do you keep coming back for more? Do you think that it didn’t work out the last few times, but this time will be different?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Its not a "knockoff." A "knockoff" is when a company creates a similar item at a lower price point. My Bear Paw slippers are a knockoff of Uggs.

What you bought is a counterfeit item. It uses the Kleenex trademark and trade dress. Its illegal. And dangerous. You don't know what is used in counterfeit products, and how dangerous they could be.

There's nothing wrong with buying inexpensive goods. But never buy counterfeits.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:10 am
Kleenex has a line they make for offices and hotels, etc. I think it’s called Kleenex professional? They’re not as soft as regular. That might be what you bought.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:23 am
Proctor and Gamble or whatever company produces Kleenex would want to know if counterfeit products are out there. Why don't you call them?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:29 am
southernbubby wrote:
Kleenex will clog up the toilet if it's being used on Shabbos in place of toilet paper because Kleenex is very strong. I once did an experiment and put several types of tissues and toilet paper in water to see what would happen. After several hours of sitting in water, Kleenex had not dissolved like toilet paper and cheap tissues. Since many frum families flush tissues on Shabbos, the cheapest ones are the safest bet for the plumbing.
I agree with posters who say that store brands are not the same quality as national brands; however, read Consumer reports because some house brands are even better than name brands.

We're using kleenex as toilet paper for 10 years now and our toilets have never clogged.

Geulanow

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:35 am
Ask the store where they bought it from. Maybe it's the distributor who is fooling the store. Tell the store your suspicions and ask for a refund.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
We're using kleenex as toilet paper for 10 years now and our toilets have never clogged.

Some plumbing is so strong that people are able to flush just about anything but some people can't even flush toilet paper if their plumbing gets easily clogged

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Your toilet might not clog but items that aren’t meant to be flushed can cause problems farther down the sewer line. I don’t know if Kleenex causes problems but “flushable” wipes definitely do.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 11:45 am
where I live kleenex have two or three types. There's the kleenex basic which isn't that different to the regular other cheap brands. The extra soft is called balsam and is usually more expensive.
Could it just be this shop was selling the basic boxes?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics