Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Don't wait to seek treatment

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:06 am
There should be a massive public education campaign about early treatment. Early treatment makes a huge difference. Especially if you're in a high risk category. Don't wait until it spirals. If an older relative contracts covid, talk to them about this.

There are things you can do. Don't shrug off chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or coughing. Ask your doctor if there are any other symptoms that should be concerning, or if, in your situation, you should start treatment even without those particular symptoms.

Get a pulse oxygen finger reader and monitor your oxygen and pulse. Ask your doctor what number requires treatment. Don't wait until it dips too low. Take your symptoms seriously. Especially the oxygen.

Ask your doctor about zithromax, which is believed to have antiviral properties, or another antibiotic. Monitor your oxygen. Ask about inhaled steroids, like budesonide. Ask your doctor about taking baby aspirin as a precaution against clotting. Take vitamins C, D and zinc. Take melatonin. Monitor your oxygen. Ask about pepcid, which has effects similar to steroids (calms down the hyper immune response). Make sure you're drinking and eating. And of course, daven. Iy"h we should all see a yeshua.

ChanieMommy

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:09 am
Monitor your oxygen saturation in the blood with a pulse-oxymeter... costs about 20$
you just clip it on a finger - does not hurt...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:48 am
Bumping cuz everyone should see this. Don't ignore symptoms, especially breathing related, treat early and bezras Hashem, you'll have a good outcome.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:20 am
Thanks OP.

I wish hatzalah would conduct a poll with all the people they take to the hospital. I wish they asked everyone if the took vitamins prior to getting covid or started as soon as they got it. Which vitamins? Did they do the Zalenko protocol? Did they use a humidifier?

I believe if hatzalah gets all this information we would know much better how to treat in the beginning of the illness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics