Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Are there any other uses for milk?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 11:55 am
For this surplus we are all getting?
Even if I take less I still have too much.
Like skin care? Bath?
I know its meant for food purposes but I have too much laying around and am just going to dump it.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:33 pm
Yes, you can
1.pour it in a bath--supposedly the proteins soothe skin and the fat does whatever fat does for skin.
2. soak a cotton pad in it and apply to your face as a very mild mask.
3. heat it with sugar, cornstarch and flavor extracts or cocoa and make pudding.
4. heat it on the stove, add vinegar to make it curdle, drain off the whey, dry and pulverize the curds, mix with food coloring and water to make casein-based paint for crafts. The curds are essentially homemade cottage cheese and edible, but they'll be very vinegary.
5. heat it, add some plain unflavored yogurt, incubate for about 8 hours and make yogurt.
6. make fudge or caramel sauce for ice cream.
7. make fat-free or low fat ice cream , which used to be called "ice milk". the name was changed because 'ice milk' didn't sound palatable.

Google for recipes.

Bluepink

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For this surplus we are all getting?
Even if I take less I still have too much.
Like skin care? Bath?
I know its meant for food purposes but I have too much laying around and am just going to dump it.

Wonder if you can donate it instead of dumping. I don’t know where you live, but plenty of people in my area are buying milk still...

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:05 pm
Is there a food bank near you.
Ask if they would take frozen slurpus

happy chick

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:13 pm
Make yogurt or cottage cheese, if you're bored.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:17 pm
I’ve heard people using milk in their white loads of laundry. Personally I doubt it does anything...
I’d rather use it for iced coffee, pancakes, cereal and milk, chocolate milk. It freezes fine. We’re using a bottle with a July expiration date. It’s fine.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:46 pm
I make a whole bottle ice coffee for Shabbos. Freeze mini portions for milkshakes. Pancakes/waffles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics