Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BDE
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:50 pm
We lost a relative to covid. Under age 65.

I hate covid. I don’t know what Hashem wants of us anymore. And I hate the politics and the bickering. I hate the pain and the loss and suffering.

AhuvasIma

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:52 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. "Hamokom yenachem eschem bsoch shaar availei tzion"

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 12:55 pm
BDE. I am so sorry.
I just heard this and thought I should post it somewhere. I'm going to post the link here because it might be helpful as you - and all of us - struggle to hold opposing thoughts.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....27637

Corona Communal Condemnation and Ahavas Yisrael by Rabbi Chaim Eisenstein. I think it might also be on YU Torah.

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:00 pm
BDE.
המקום ירחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:36 pm
((HUGS)) I'm so sorry.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:37 pm
Thank you all for the condolences and the hugs. And refuah Sheleima to your uncle Mama Bear. This has to end already!

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:38 pm
I'm sorry for your loss. May their memory be a blessing.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:40 pm
B"DE. I'm so sorry.
I'm flipping out a little with the news lately. My DD's classmate lost her father yesterday to COVID.

I remember my mother A"H once told me (but don't know if this will help at all, OP, so please disregard if it doesn't resonate) that she heard something like this: The Malach HaMaves complained to Hashem that he wants a different job. He said people will hate me and curse me for what I do. So Hashem said Don't worry. They will never blame you. They will blame the illness or the car accident or heart attack or COVID....

I guess the message in this is that as Maaminim we have to know that it's not COVID. It's when Hashem said this person's tafkid here is complete.

But it's so so hard sometimes.....

Hug

tigerwife

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:55 pm
BD”E. I’m so sorry for your loss Sad

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 2:06 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss Sad

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 2:16 pm
Forgive me for posting this here it's all too soon and too close. But I am finding this tremendously comforting.
Last night there was a worldwide Tehillim and chizuk event from Chazak and Torah Anytime, with rabbanim from Chicago talking. I haven't heard the whole event yet but I'm sure it's all wonderful. What I feel comfortable recommending to you right now is Rabbi Zev Cohen's talk, starting IIRC before the hour mark. He addresses some common ideas that are NOT the thing I would say to you know, like kol ma d'avid Rachmana l'tav avid. But it's what he says that I find comforting.

It's not that Hashem does all good. That would be cruel to say. But it's L'TAV. To the good, like a GPS. We're on the way to good, even if right now it is not good. (He said that, not just, it doesn't seem good.)

And the famous question of Yirmiyahu prophesying when a navi needed simcha. But simcha means the meaning in connecting and moving forward. He didn't say this explicitly but the word simcha is etymologically related to tzemicha, growth. This is the goal. To grow and move forward. We don't know what Hashem wants but we do know He wants us to stay focused and keep moving forward. And when we get there - and the trip has been going on for months, we're frayed at the edges - may we get there soon, and with suitcases full of energy. Hashem will say, that was My kavana.

May this Shabbos be one of menucha and regrouping. Hugs!

ChanieMommy

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:33 pm
BDE.
I am sorry for your loss
המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

ChanieMommy

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:34 pm
Chayalle wrote:
B"DE. I'm so sorry.
I'm flipping out a little with the news lately. My DD's classmate lost her father yesterday to COVID.

I remember my mother A"H once told me (but don't know if this will help at all, OP, so please disregard if it doesn't resonate) that she heard something like this: The Malach HaMaves complained to Hashem that he wants a different job. He said people will hate me and curse me for what I do. So Hashem said Don't worry. They will never blame you. They will blame the illness or the car accident or heart attack or COVID....

I guess the message in this is that as Maaminim we have to know that it's not COVID. It's when Hashem said this person's tafkid here is complete.

But it's so so hard sometimes.....

Hug

That's so sad!

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 5:00 pm
I'm very sorry for your loss. BDE.

Rappel

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 5:04 pm
ברוך דיין האמת Sad

yksraya

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 8:13 pm
Bde. So sorry for your loss.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:11 pm
Baruch Dayon HaEmes. May Hashem comfort you and the family. Hug

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:13 pm
[deleted by Mod]

ImmaBubby

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:55 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost a dear relative to covid right after Pesach and I’m still having a hard time.
I heard a video featuring Rebbetzin Kolodetsky who said in the name of her father, haRav Chaim Kanievsky that anyone who passes away in a mageifa is assured to go straight to Olam Habah (it’s in the Gemara).
That helped me a little- I hope it will help you.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:58 pm
BDE. sorry for your loss. I can imagine your pain; I have 2 very close family Members that are hospitalized right now. One is in his 30's.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics