Home

Covid versus Flu - Facts Edition
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Oct 23 2020, 5:35 pm
Many people claim that Covid is just like the flu, and if we don't change our lifestyles because of the flu, we shouldn't do so for Covid either.

Fact: On average, about 38,000 Americans die of the flu each year, where we normally do not where masks or practice social distancing..

Fact: About 225,000 Americans have died from Covid in HALF a year – WITH masks and social distancing.

Source: CDC


Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 8:10 pm
I'm sorry the graph is so large. Can anyone tell me how to resize an image? Thanks.
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:21 pm
The thing with covid 'deaths' is that anyone who may have died during the crazy part of the pandemic was automatically listed as a covid death.
If they had cancer and then died and may have had covid they say it was covid when it may not have been
A lot of ppl did die. But a lot of the deaths aren't accurately covie either.


There are no facts about covid.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:23 pm
the same holds true with the flu. Very few healthy people die from the flu. Cancer patients and other really ill people generally don't have the strength to fight the flu and succumb
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
The thing with covid 'deaths' is that anyone who may have died during the crazy part of the pandemic was automatically listed as a covid death.
If they had cancer and then died and may have had covid they say it was covid when it may not have been
A lot of ppl did die. But a lot of the deaths aren't accurately covie either.


There are no facts about covid.


There were over 300,000 excess deaths in the US since late January. (Number of deaths higher than the usual average during that period.)

So your conspiracy has been debunked.
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:29 pm
Can someone find
Total number of death in 2020
In general - overall
Not just covid
I’m not able to find this
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

If they had cancer and then died and may have had covid they say it was covid when it may not have been.


No, if a person dies of cancer, they do not attribute the death to Covid unless Covid was the actual cause of death, which can and does happen.

Cancer patients can also die of the flu,.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, if a person dies of cancer, they do not attribute the death to Covid unless Covid was the actual cause of death, which can and does happen.

Cancer patients can also die of the flu,.

That's not true. It's a known fact that they're were listing covid as a cause of death even if it wasn't because of the amount of $$$ they make. Dh knows one such a person. He nebach passed because of cancer and on his death certificate it says covid. He never had covid. This goes back in April. Somebody living in the tri state area.
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
That's not true. It's a known fact that they're were listing covid as a cause of death even if it wasn't because of the amount of $$$ they make. Dh knows one such a person. He nebach passed because of cancer and on his death certificate it says covid. He never had covid. This goes back in April. Somebody living in the tri state area.


I call foul, did your DH see the death certificate?

(I'm not meaning to be nasty, but this trope is pretty well played and quite a conspiracy)
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
That's not true. It's a known fact that they're were listing covid as a cause of death even if it wasn't because of the amount of $$$ they make. Dh knows one such a person. He nebach passed because of cancer and on his death certificate it says covid. He never had covid. This goes back in April. Somebody living in the tri state area.


I wouldn't rule out something like this happening here and there, due to neglect, greed, or chaotic conditions in hospitals/morgues, but by the same token, there were definitely many cases that were overlooked or missed early on due to lack of testing.

The total numbers don't lie. There were far more deaths in NY at that time than any other year, and there was also a deadly pandemic. Scientifically speaking, the paperwork barely matters.

Excess deaths is not a new method of measuring deaths due to a pandemic. Figures for the 1918 flu epidemic are based on such numbers.
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It's a known fact

I am now rooting for the virus.
Back to top

Laiya




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
There were over 300,000 excess deaths in the US since late January. (Number of deaths higher than the usual average during that period.)

So your conspiracy has been debunked.


Not quite. The year isn't over yet, but with less than 11 weeks to go, it's looking like there will not be more deaths in 2020 than in 2019. This supports the notion that most people who died of covid, would have likely died within the year.

Reposting myself from politics thread:

laiya wrote:
Total deaths so far in 2020 have been 2,255,759.
Total deaths in 2019 were 2,845,796, a difference of around 590,037.

Weekly deaths have been declining from around 63,000 in the beginning of Aug, to 35,700 the week of Oct. 10.

There are 11 weeks until the end of the year. If we average around 53,000 deaths per week--meaning that numbers reverse and start rising--then there would still be the same total number as in 2019. That would be surprising, as under normal circumstances, the rate would be expected to be higher than the previous year.
Back to top

Laiya




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Can someone find
Total number of death in 2020
In general - overall
Not just covid
I’m not able to find this


https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:17 pm
Laiya wrote:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/


This is for covid not total

Layla please link source.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:49 pm
This site actually scares me. All these people in our community who are not critical thinkers as all, just parrots repeating exactly what the corrupt governors are saying, like wear masks and social distance, playing directly into their hands and giving all our freedoms away out of fear of a virus with a less than 1 percent death rate for most age groups and about 3 percent for people over 70. Will you all be running to get the vaccine, with who knows what in there, the minute it comes out? I hope that this site is not a representation of Jewish women everywhere. And yes, the numbers are way misrepresented, and I wish that the false number of 200,000 + deaths would stop being regurgitated here. It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact that all deaths were reported as COVID deaths since the hospitals were paid something like 39,000 per patient. Wake up already.
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:54 pm
One thing people ignore is COVID-induced depression. The mind-body connection goes both ways, and the lasting symptoms of COVID can be disastrous for one's mental health.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:58 pm
Not all deaths were reported as covid. Some cancer patients have flu/pneumonia on their death certificate. Mistakes happen but its not the norm.

This site scares me also. People spout all kinds of theories. Other people read it like gospel. Then all kinds of conspiracies are spread...
Back to top

amother




Scarlet
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
This is for covid not total

Layla please link source.


No it's not. Read the table.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Not all deaths were reported as covid. Some cancer patients have flu/pneumonia on their death certificate. Mistakes happen but its not the norm.

This site scares me also. People spout all kinds of theories. Other people read it like gospel. Then all kinds of conspiracies are spread...


This is not a conspiracy. This is fact. Go look it up. Or keep sitting in your house with your mask on and get vaccines that alter your DNA.
Back to top

amother




White
 

Post  Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
This is not a conspiracy. This is fact. Go look it up. Or keep sitting in your house with your mask on and get vaccines that alter your DNA.


Very strange that just in the last 8 months our community lost an overwhelming number of its members, both young and old. What are the odds that in the same year the government is trying to convince us people are dying from a pandemic, the chevra kadisha has never been busier and the number of yesomim has never been higher.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Pregnant + Covid + gastro symptoms
by amother
3 Today at 9:44 am View last post
Roommates and covid
by amother
8 Today at 8:04 am View last post
Covid vaccine study- moderna 66 Yesterday at 1:05 pm View last post
I'm feeling awful after flu shot 11 Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:41 pm View last post
Covid question re: cough
by amother
5 Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:49 am View last post