Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When to worry about poor circulation in a child?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 2:33 pm
I've noticed recently that my dd who is almost 2 often seems to have cold hands and feet that can go purple. She is dressed warmly enough, her body temperature feels fine. My house is always warm. I don't know whether to worry about it or that it's fine. I know in babies they can't regulate their temperature and it's quite common, but I don't remember noticing it before now, and whether that's still normal at her age.
I wouldn't mind some reassurance that I don't need to jump to scary heart conditions or other serious medical issues.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:03 pm
Skip the worrying and just ask her pediatrician.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:10 pm
[quote="amother [ Green ]"]Skip the worrying and just ask her pediatrician.[/quote

I'm waiting for an appointment, but until then I'm worrying, especially as she's very small for her age.

Mommy1:)

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:40 pm
you're the mom, it's your job to worry! could be something, could be nothing... you're doing the right thing by making the appointment. Only a thorough exam by a competent physician can provide some answers, not anonymous (or not anonymous) posters here. Try not to use Dr. Google, it'll only give you a lot of stress and headache. Heart

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 6:52 pm
It’s probably nothing concerning, but definitely talk to your pediatrician about it.
My son’s lips used to turn purple every now and then, and knowing he had a very minor heart murmur, I used to panic. But his pediatrician checked him out and reassured me there was nothing wrong. Some kids are more sensitive to temperature changes, etc. especially after a bath or pool. Rubbing him warm usually returns him to normal color.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:12 am
Thanks, I spent way too long googling and obviously scared myself. Hopefully it's nothing. But I just hate having to wait ages until we can see the dr. And then dr takes one look and says no, nothing to worry about.

ChanieMommy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:17 am
It could be covid...

I would measure oxygen saturation...

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:39 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
It could be covid...

I would measure oxygen saturation...

Can you stop with this COVID meshugeis ?
Is this going to stay our new paranoia?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics