Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ateres Charna weddings?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:27 am
I've a wedding scheduled for this hall in mid November, and it's currently in the red zone. Has anyone made/attended a wedding here in the past couple of weeks, or has one scheduled in the next couple of weeks? They are not responding meaningfully to any of my calls and emails and I'm at a loss of what to do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:58 am
Bump

meme6

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:59 am
You can pm me privately

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:15 am
Are you a guest or the host/baal simcha?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Are you a guest or the host/baal simcha?

Host

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:51 am
As far I know no Boro Park wedding halls are allowing weddings to take place.

My friend's daughter had to get married out of NYS last week becuase the hall cancelled on her and no one else was willing to have it by them.

If you are really making a wedding and not looking for information to pass on to the government I would recommend that you think twice before making one in Boro Park if it is still ch'v in the red zone.

Firstly becuase much as I think the red zone is targeted harassment and anti Semitism making a wedding is still very risky.

Secondly you don't want the police breaking it up and being in the national media.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
As far I know no Boro Park wedding halls are allowing weddings to take place.

My friend's daughter had to get married out of NYS last week becuase the hall cancelled on her and no one else was willing to have it by them.

If you are really making a wedding and not looking for information to pass on to the government I would recommend that you think twice before making one in Boro Park if it is still ch'v in the red zone.

Firstly becuase much as I think the red zone is targeted harassment and anti Semitism making a wedding is still very risky.

Secondly you don't want the police breaking it up and being in the national media.

Charna is in Monsey, are you thinking of Chynka?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Charna is in Monsey, are you thinking of Chynka?

You are right. I was thinking of Chynka.

My apologies and Mazal Tov to the OP

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:00 pm
I thought Charna is in the yellow zone.
If you're making a simcha there, it's best to call them up and hear about their policies directly from them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I thought Charna is in the yellow zone.
If you're making a simcha there, it's best to call them up and hear about their policies directly from them.

They are not responding to my messages or emails

esuss

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:43 pm
Things are changing so fast that it is probably hard for them to give you an answer a few weeks in advance. You may want a backup plan at least in the idea stage to implement at the last moment if need be.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:10 pm
esuss wrote:
Things are changing so fast that it is probably hard for them to give you an answer a few weeks in advance. You may want a backup plan at least in the idea stage to implement at the last moment if need be.

Yes, that's what I'm doing now because I only have 2 weeks to plan. But it would be nice to they would talk to me.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:12 pm
If they are not answering you and your wedding is in two weeks I would suggest making other arrangements.

mazel tov and hatzlocha!

wait you are the host your wedding is in two weeks and you don't know the correct name of the hall...?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
If they are not answering you and your wedding is in two weeks I would suggest making other arrangements.

mazel tov and hatzlocha!

wait you are the host your wedding is in two weeks and you don't know the correct name of the hall...?

I do.
Another amother was confused.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, that's what I'm doing now because I only have 2 weeks to plan. But it would be nice to they would talk to me.

Go down to the hall in person they have been having weddings booking something else will make you lose money somewhere

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I do.
Another amother was confused.

Very weird thread. The OP is asking about Areres Charna. Ateres Charna, is not in Boro Park. Somebody making a wedding wouldn't be coming to Imamother to get their info. Please be careful about the information you give on a public forum.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Very weird thread. The OP is asking about Areres Charna. Ateres Charna, is not in Boro Park. Somebody making a wedding wouldn't be coming to Imamother to get their info. Please be careful about the information you give on a public forum.

Yes, I am making a wedding and I am coming to imamother for info bc THE HALL DOES NOT ANSWER MY CALLS OR RESPOND TO MY MESSAGES. I live much too far from the hall to drive there and check it out so I am asking the imamother community for some help. I need to pull together another wedding in two weeks so it would be nice to know if they are planning to honor their commitment.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:28 pm
I know a wedding that happened last week in charna. Everything was regular except had to go through the back door
The atrium is not making weddings now

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

Some parts in Rockland County is also part of the red zone. Whats so hard to understand? And charna is part of it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:15 pm
Op I’m sorry you’re going though this. My guess is like others said they don’t know what will be. But they should be able to come up with something, even if it’s a smaller wedding and you need to go through the back door.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics