Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ushpizin (the movie)
1  2  3  4  Next

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 3:50 pm
Has anyone seen this movie? Or heard anything about it? they are showing it at my shul and I want to know if it's worth going to. Thanks

Motek

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 10:20 am
did you end up seeing it?

has anybody seen it?

why is it rated PG?

interesting how the couple in the movie are a real-life couple

http://ushpizin.com/

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:45 pm
I did see it and I thought it was very good. It could be rated PG because there is a small amount of violence. It was really refreshing to see a totally kosher movie. IT's about a childless couple at succos, and davening for miracles and really having bitachon, and hachnassas orchim -- all that is tied together. ONe part I liked was the wife had these really elaborate scarves she wore, and the movie totally showed it like it was a crown, she wound it round and round - always completely covered.

Motek

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 10:32 pm
I saw it. Thought it was really special.

I have heard that they are losing lots of money due to illegal, pirated copies. Confused

Tovah

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 10:39 pm
I would like to see it too but it's in the theaters so I guess I'll have to wait till it comes out on video.

Motek

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 10:48 pm
maybe you'll be fortunate as Meema and I were, to see it not in a theater.

Mandy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 1:05 am
eh, maybe this is stupid question coming up. But how did you see it not in a theater and without legal issues ?

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 2:15 am
I saw it on cd since it is already out here in israel. just one question were is the violence didn't exactly see any violence Confused it is a big hit in israel how can they really be losing money and now they are bringing it to america, it should make them 'rich' so to speak.

RivkaS

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 2:50 am
Hi Supermom,
please tell me where to get it on CD since my friend in New York would love to see it but.... it would mean three hours drive for her. So if a relative couuld get it for her on CD it would be good.
And to all the others
yes the film is great and if you also want to know where I saw it, in a Hotel as part of the Sukkot-activities (apart from a very nice concert by and different trips).
Rivka

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 3:47 am
I saw it in israel one of my husbands friends lent me his copy with english subtitles. the only info I know is that it is in the movie theaters now so it will take who knows how long to come out on vidoe.

Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 5:28 am
would love to see it! it showed here, but was too late....

hadasa

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 5:38 am
I enjoyed it. Wouldn't show it to Frum kids, though.

Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 5:42 am
why not?
(haven't seen the movie, but seen the trailer, and read about it)

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 6:43 am
now what is wrong with the movie nothing bad I must say it teaches only good things in it.

giving tzedakah
having guest/ which he was trying to make frum
listening to his rabbi
having emunah
performing his mitzvahs to the fullest
and after all of this Hashem gave them a something in return everything he has done.

so what can be possibly bad that you won't let your kids watch it.

here by us they don't let no movies only holocaust ones or things concerning israel and they showed this movie six times two for the men two for the woman and two for the kids.

chen

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 8:04 am
Is it showing in theaters in the USA? The only specific place I saw mentioned online was in a high school in Boro Park. The website claimed it was opening in theaters Oct. 19 but I haven't seen anything.

Is it expected to come out on video or DVD? (Not that one really wants to wait that long.)

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 8:44 am
I saw online that it was suppose to come out in the theaters on oct. 26

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 8:49 am
Look at their website www.ushpizin.com there is a list of cities where it'll be playing

Quote:
ust one question were is the violence didn't exactly see any violence

I was just trying to think of why it is PG, the scene with the barbecue was *maybe* a little violent but also maybe it's PG so more people will see it Confused

I think it would be fine to show to kids but not sure how old they'd have to be to understand some of it.

Tovah

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 9:38 am
I saw the ad on onlysimchas and went to their site. you don't need a tv to know what's going on in the world these days.

miriam

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 10:32 am
Does anyone know how to contact them about bringing the movie to our city??

hadasa

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 1:04 pm
supermom wrote:
now what is wrong with the movie nothing bad I must say it teaches only good things in it.

I agree Smile

Quote:

so what can be possibly bad that you won't let your kids watch it.

Nothing "bad" at all. As I said, I enjoyed it. Just certain nuances, like the way they tease her about not having kids, are too "adult". I won't mind their seeing it in a few years from now.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics