Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please be responsible. Please!!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:37 pm
My block is on its 3rd (or 4th) wave of covid. People are getting it for the second time, yet I see their kids outside playing.

Please be responsible.

My dd was playing with a neighbor. Her brother came over and said that his dad tested positive and they should go home.

The dad obviously wasnt feeling well so he went tp get tested. Why were the kids outside?

Another neighbor was outside as well, her brother tested positive. We stayed far from them.

My kids are unfortunately now not allowed to go off of our deck.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:41 pm
That is so frustrating!
You are doing the right thing!
Can you help them get pent out energy at a local park? Bring plenty of hand sanitizer?
We went for a long walk this morning then cleaned up. Now DC are playing cards, homework and did artwork also.

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:48 pm
I'm petrified of getting it again so please tell me yes or no;

1. Did the person that is getting it again have a positive test first time around and now has a positive test again?

This means this person had it in April and is having it again now.

In short, did the person have a positive test TWICE? In April and again now.

2. Did the person the had the positive test TWICE, once in April and now again, have it hard the first time around?

3. How is the person that had a positive test TWICE, once in April and again now, how is the virus now? Is the person having it as bad as it s/he had it in April?

Only yes or no for now.
Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:53 pm
crust wrote:

1. Did the person that is getting it again have a positive test first time around and now has a positive test again?

2. Did the person the had the positive test TWICE, once in April and now again, have it hard the first time around?

3. How is the person that had a positive test TWICE, once in April and again now, how is the virus now? Is the person having it as bad as it s/he had it in April?

Only yes or no for now.
Thanks.

I cant answer any of your questions. Sorry. All I know was that the dad was sick after Purim, but had no antibodies when he tested some time later. The entire family tested negative on Succos. They tested due to schools requirements.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:09 pm
crust wrote:

Only yes or no for now.
Thanks.

I see that lots of ppl are making assumptions of getting it a second time. Its not very common. The only time I would believe it is if the person tested positive back in april then negative and now positive again. And not everyone tested in march/April time

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:12 pm
Its flu season nothing to do with covid!

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cant answer any of your questions. Sorry. All I know was that the dad was sick after Purim, but had no antibodies when he tested some time later. The entire family tested negative on Succos. They tested due to schools requirements.

Ok. So first let's clear that up.

They aren't having Covid a second time.

He had something called the Flu or Cold (anyone remember those?) In March and now he/they have Covid.

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I see that lots of ppl are making assumptions of getting it a second time. Its not very common. The only time I would believe it is if the person tested positive back in april then negative and now positive again. And not everyone tested in march/April time

This is what I'm trying to verify if at least through anecdotes.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:23 pm
I am afraid double infections are more common than the scientific literature can show, just because of the lack of testing in March and the unreliable nature of antibody testing..

But my message to the rosy glasses people on this site: you really can't have it both ways. Either "everyone had it" back in the spring, as argued before on this site, or they didn't. The lack of testing didn't stop anyone from believing in fictional herd immunity. Why is it stopping anyone from being cautious regarding the very real possibility of reinfection?

For what it's worth, a friend told me her brother had been sick in April, tested positive for antibodies in the summer, and caught Covid again a few weeks ago.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My block is on its 3rd (or 4th) wave of covid. People are getting it for the second time, yet I see their kids outside playing.

Please be responsible.

My dd was playing with a neighbor. Her brother came over and said that his dad tested positive and they should go home.

The dad obviously wasnt feeling well so he went tp get tested. Why were the kids outside?

Another neighbor was outside as well, her brother tested positive. We stayed far from them.

My kids are unfortunately now not allowed to go off of our deck.

Can I ask where you live?

gande

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:31 pm
I know someone who just had when it her husband had it in March. It freaks me out because I was very exposed and didnt get it and thought I wont get it but I was proven wrong. Most people who got it now didn't get it the first wave so that means there is definitely a degree of immunity. I read somewhere that up to 10% of people will get it twice.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:35 pm
Be dan lkav zchus. It’s not so easy keeping kids cooped up. And at this point the kids are so confused. For example: I was in the shower this morning and my husband was lying sick in bed. I told my kids not to play with neighbors. My daughters friend knocked on my door and my daughter decided since it’s outside it’s ok to join in the fun. I obviously called her in immediately. It’s not so ez for parents to control. At least brother called the child in. We’re all trying our best!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:38 pm
My (past) mothers helper told me before pesach she has covid. I said don't come to help me. Now I was desperate for help and called her, she said she has all the same symptoms as before. No sense of taste and smell...
I asked her if she tested, she said no. Because if she tests, she needs to quarantine. By not knowing for sure, she wouldn't be obligated.
I told her that we can only have her come over to help out if she tests and gets a negative. She said she won't test for it.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:39 pm
gande wrote:
I know someone who just had when it her husband had it in March. It freaks me out because I was very exposed and didnt get it and thought I wont get it but I was proven wrong. Most people who got it now didn't get it the first wave so that means there is definitely a degree of immunity. I read somewhere that up to 10% of people will get it twice.

The question is how long that immunity will last.

There is a lot of uncertainty about reinfection. Many people did not test in March-April, so we will never know if they had covid-19 before. There are studies being done on people with antibodies to see how long they last. I spoke to a doctor recently who said reinfections are really happening. It's not just hearsay.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
My (past) mothers helper told me before pesach she has covid. I said don't come to help me. Now I was desperate for help and called her, she said she has all the same symptoms as before. No sense of taste and smell...
I asked her if she tested, she said no. Because if she tests, she needs to quarantine. By not knowing for sure, she wouldn't be obligated.
I told her that we can only have her come over to help out if she tests and gets a negative. She said she won't test for it.

This is the frum way to behave?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:00 pm
Many people don't want to test for that reason. However, they are rea obligated to stay home anyway. If they infect anyone, it s on them

cbsp

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So he tested now due to school requirements. Not because he wasn't feeling well. So how should they know to keep their kids inside?

Many people are asymptomatic carriers.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:07 pm
I don’t think people got it twice. Either they assumed they had it back then or they got a false positive now. Both are common. Imo- outdoors isn’t so contagious . It’s the indoor places that carry the germs.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:09 pm
My son had antibodies in the summer. I don't know when he had covid but he had a flu like illness 2 weeks before Purim. This week he had congestion and chills, went for a test, and was positive Scratching Head

sushilover

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:10 pm
Basic basic mentchlichkeit. I don't care what your opinion of Covid is, if someone in your family displays symptoms, you warn the parents of children your child will be playing with. No excuses!
I will allow your child to come over as we all have antibodies (never had symptoms though). But you have no right to make decisions for others!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics