Home

Not Yeshivish Boys School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:38 pm
My husband wears t shirts/black pants/black jeans (He can't wear button down for his job anyway.) I dress very tznius / lakewoody. We have internet.

My son is currently in linden, I am really not sure where he will be developmentally next September, but he may need some extra TLC.

What school would be right?

I want to apply to Ohr hachinuch, but I am afraid that they may to high pressure academically? Does anybody know about them?

amother

Mint

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:40 pm
High school?

amother

Orange

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:44 pm
Honestly I’d call the school and speak to them about it. I know the people who run it and they’re wonderful straightforward people. No games.

YTT might be another option, but they’re not known for being great with kids who need that extra support. Otherwise it’s an amazing school.

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
High school?

Primary

amother

Jade

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:26 am
Kol Torah

amother

Coffee

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:09 am
Tashbar, koi Torah , ytt are not yeshivish but not sure about support

amother

OP

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:32 pm
Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone have more info about the above schools?

amother

Mint

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:38 pm
Kol Torah basically takes anyone. It’s a small school. It’s run by one person so if you’re expecting to work with a whole administration, it’s not for you. There’s one class per grade even though the school has been around for about 15 years. The teachers are good. Students come from all different types of homes. I don’t have anyone there now so it’s best if you speak to someone who currently sends. From the way you described your family you would definitely fit in. There are benefits to sending to a more established school though.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries