Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Siblings with similar sounding names
Previous  1  2  3  Next

4g01o

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:17 am
In my opinion too similar sounding isn't cute at all. 🤷‍♀️

Then they'd have to match clothing of course and everyone will think their twins 😆

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:21 am
my dd's and mine name both end with the same syllable ( 2 syllable names) and I realized that sometimes its hard for me to distinguish which name my dh is saying/calling so personally I wouldn't want to.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:25 am
There is a chashuve Rebbetzin in our community named Shani. Her daughter, my classmate, is Lani.
Do you know how many times I asked for Lani when calling and got her mother? It's really frustrating.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:28 am
heidi wrote:
Me either.
We know a family with a Chaya and Chaim a year apart. Always struck me as weird.

You probably don’t know me, but I have this. Caveat is that Chaya is called Chayala, and my son needed a name added to the name of the person we were naming after. Our Rav told us to choose Chaim- knowing we had a daughter Chaya, because the person whose name we gave died young. He’s called a diminutive of his middle name though.

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:42 am
I wouldn't do this. My siblings and I have totally different names and all my kids have different names, as well. None sound at all like the others.
We like everyone to be unique.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:44 am
As per people saying you might call them and they wouldn’t know who you’re calling, what difference does that make? I confuse names all the time. LOL

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:49 am
We have this by accident- we didn't realize the names would be that similar (not a Chana and Chava thing). I wouldn't do it. My girls have grown up answering to each other's names. We tell the teachers that each year, because one has a girl with her sister's name in her class- dd will answer to that. It kind of annoys them. Sometimes the school will actually mix them up by mistake when giving me a message, etc.

Frumme

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
how about avi (avigdor) and avromi Very Happy (add in avigail and aviva and we can have 4 avi's...)

I just wonder why there isn't more love for Ima! LOL

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:56 am
I know 2 families, not related that have a Mendel and a Mindel close in age.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I know 2 families, not related that have a Mendel and a Mindel close in age.

That's just silly in my opinion! I feel a bit sorry for those kids too actually.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:24 pm
I know a family that has a Menachem Mendel and a Menucha Mindel. Yes, they're both named after the Lubavitcher Rebbe.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:28 pm
I have a Chaya and then a Chana 12 years later. It’s not weird at all especially since one has a nickname and the other doesn’t. However my OOT doctors office confused my two kids at the Chana’s post birth checkup. Thought I made an error and was bringing in my older child. Not sure why, since it was a newborn visit 🤷‍♀️ and clearly she wasn’t a newborn.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I know a family that has a Menachem Mendel and a Menucha Mindel. Yes, they're both named after the Lubavitcher Rebbe.

Omg!!! We learn new things each day.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:49 pm
One of my friends can give Motty, Matty and Mattis...

Chaya123

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:08 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My cousin's DD's are Mindy and Hindy (but they are more than two years apart. So they are not your nieces!)

I also know a family with Hindy and Mindy, more than 2 yrs apart. Hmm, wonder if it's the same. Funny part is Hindy has other names and they specifically call her by that..
I also know of family with Nachum and Nechama, Shimon and Shimshon, Shloimy and Shmuly. I'm sure there are many others...

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:44 pm
we did this, without thinking. Yair and Meir. Totally didn't think about it, just was naming after relatives! After the bris of the second one, my dad asked me 'what were you thinking?" Doesn't sound exactly the same, but has the same meaning. A little weird, right? I still feel a little funny about it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:48 pm
I also know a family with a Hershy and Gershy. Also, Bruchy and Ruchy, and Yitty and Gitty.
And a couple Mendy and Mindy. Different couple Beri and Peri.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:56 pm
I have cousins that are siblings. Simcha and Sima. We called both Sim when we were little, but now they go by the full Simcha and Sima.

Siriusly?

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:58 pm
I have sisters Chani, Chaya and Chavi, none are very close in age though, and we’ve never had any issues with confusing them or anything...

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 2:13 pm
I know a family with a Rochela and a Brachala.
My name is Yael and I avoided naming my daughter Ayelet or Ayala because they really do sound similar.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names