Home

In Israel All Vaccines are Optional
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Mide7




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:35 am
In Israel, vaccinations are not mandatory. I am not sure if this is because they know that vaccines can cause harm, or if vaccines weaken the immune system and they need a strong army, or some other reason, but it does give me reason to pause and think heavily about the LARGE NUMBER of vaccines that are MANDATORY in many states in the USA in order for our children to attend yeshiva. Does anyone know of a doctor in the tri state area that will work with parents that are concerned about the vast amount of vaccines? Please send me a private message. I am not looking to start fights about vaccines, all of my children are vaccinated according to schedule, but the more research I do on my own the more concerned I am.

Thank you!

Here is an article stating that vaccines in Israel are not mandatory:
https://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahp.....ions/
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:43 am
Your subject line has nothing to do with what you want to know in your thread.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:47 am
No one can message you if you are anonymous
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:53 am
Not always a good thing. There have been polio outbreaks there R"L :0
Back to top

bananas4bananas




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:54 am
Are you the same OP who opened the other anti-vax thread and then refused to provide sources while demanding them from everyone else?

Last edited by bananas4bananas on Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Not always a good thing. There have been polio outbreaks there R"L :0
Where? When?
There was a measles outbreak here either last year or the year before. But it came from someone who came here from america to a wedding and infected a LOT of people.
Back to top

Mide7




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:08 am
bananas4bananas wrote:
Are you the same OP who opened the other anti-vax thread and then refused to provide sources while demanding them from everyone else?


No I'm not. I just was looking in to aliyah and learned about how israel does not have mandatory vaccines and I started reading more about different things, that is all.
Back to top

bananas4bananas




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:09 am
Mide7 wrote:
No I'm not. I just was looking in to aliyah and learned about how israel does not have mandatory vaccines and I started reading more about different things, that is all.

Ok sorry for being choshed b'ksherim! funny timing, that's all. (that was a weird thread)
Back to top

banana123




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Not always a good thing. There have been polio outbreaks there R"L :0

The last polio outbreak here was decades ago. However, we have had both measles and mumps outbreaks.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:18 am
Mide7 wrote:
No I'm not. I just was looking in to aliyah and learned about how israel does not have mandatory vaccines and I started reading more about different things, that is all.

Israel is working on a law to make vaccines mandatory. Right now it will just take the child stipend, but during the measles outbreak there was real talk of making it completely mandatory.

The reason we don't have mandatory vaccines is because the vast majority of the country vaccinates anyways, so there's no reason to force the issue (forcing it can often have a boomerang effect, so with high vaccination rates it's not really worth the risk).

However, Israel, unlike the US, can constitutionally make vaccines absolutely mandatory (and it could plausibly happen in the next ten years), so if your reason for aliya is avoiding vaccines, think again.

BTW the army routinely vaccinates recruits who have never been vaccinated.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:20 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Where? When?
There was a measles outbreak here either last year or the year before. But it came from someone who came here from america to a wedding and infected a LOT of people.

There should never have been that many unvaccinated people to catch it and spread it in the first place.

But didn't the outbreak start in Ukraine?
Back to top

Mide7




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:22 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Israel is working on a law to make vaccines mandatory. Right now it will just take the child stipend, but during the measles outbreak there was real talk of making it completely mandatory.

The reason we don't have mandatory vaccines is because the vast majority of the country vaccinates anyways, so there's no reason to force the issue (forcing it can often have a boomerang effect, so with high vaccination rates it's not really worth the risk).

However, Israel, unlike the US, can constitutionally make vaccines absolutely mandatory (and it could plausibly happen in the next ten years), so if your reason for aliya is avoiding vaccines, think again.

BTW the army routinely vaccinates recruits who have never been vaccinated.


Not the reason for aliyah at all, I think there are many, many struggles in life, especially in Israel and making aliyah. I am just really curious about certain things and only just found out this piece of information and thought it was interesting.

All my kids are vaccinated, but I recently looked in to the chicken pox vaccine and did not want to give it to my child, and I was told I had to. So I did. But then looking in to it it seemed like an odd vaccine.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:28 am
I'm pretty sure Israel doesn't have mandatory vaccines because there are so many people whom are anti-vax, mostly among the Breslov community. However, there have been several initiatives in recent years to change that. All have failed for one reason or another, but you should know that it's a discussion, OP.

But yes - you can choose to vaccinate, not vaccinate, do some and not others, delay schedule -- it's all parents choice. And I'm glad of it.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:30 am
Mide7 wrote:
Not the reason for aliyah at all, I think there are many, many struggles in life, especially in Israel and making aliyah. I am just really curious about certain things and only just found out this piece of information and thought it was interesting.

All my kids are vaccinated, but I recently looked in to the chicken pox vaccine and did not want to give it to my child, and I was told I had to. So I did. But then looking in to it it seemed like an odd vaccine.
Please do not think that way. No, life in Israel is not, overall, a struggle. If that is a reason you dont want to come, please ask us israeli posters about specifics because life here is not a struggle.
Back to top

Teomima




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:37 am
Not vaccinating can limit your childcare options. My children all went to the same private gan and they required everyone be vaccinated to attend. I am very grateful for that. Imagine if in the midst of all we're going through right now, there were another measles outbreak like last year, or another polio scare like there was some 8 years ago!
Back to top

jerusalem90




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:18 pm
I'm pro-vaccine but I'm against mandatory vaccines.

I feel like for a country that makes masks mandatory, it would be a small step to make vaccines mandatory, but I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top

chanchy123




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:19 pm
Vaccines are voluntary in Israel because 98% of society has the good sense to vaccinate.
Back to top

chanchy123




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Israel is working on a law to make vaccines mandatory. Right now it will just take the child stipend, but during the measles outbreak there was real talk of making it completely mandatory.

The reason we don't have mandatory vaccines is because the vast majority of the country vaccinates anyways, so there's no reason to force the issue (forcing it can often have a boomerang effect, so with high vaccination rates it's not really worth the risk).

However, Israel, unlike the US, can constitutionally make vaccines absolutely mandatory (and it could plausibly happen in the next ten years), so if your reason for aliya is avoiding vaccines, think again.

BTW the army routinely vaccinates recruits who have never been vaccinated.

Yes, there’s no way there army would recruit someone has never been vaccinated.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:23 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
I feel like for a country that makes masks mandatory, it would be a small step to make vaccines mandatory, but I hope I'm wrong.

You're right.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:39 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Yes, there’s no way there army would recruit someone has never been vaccinated.


Really?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can you get into Israel from USA for Shidduch purposes
by amother
22 Yesterday at 9:53 am View last post
Magnatiles in Israel
by Reality
18 Yesterday at 1:48 am View last post
Kids in Israel antibody test
by amother
22 Wed, Nov 25 2020, 5:59 am View last post
When will Israel let in Americans?
by amother
19 Mon, Nov 23 2020, 10:33 am View last post
Who here thinks we'll be allowed into Israel in May?
by amother
30 Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:47 am View last post