Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid does affect young healthy people
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
???? shall we add more fear mongering baseless facts?

Actually

ISRAELI CORONA STUDY- REDUCED MALE FERTILITY-
(jpost) 13% of men with moderate or worse Corona cases are seeing a serious drop in fertility counts and testosterone production even months later. Unknown if they will improve or if it is permanent.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:38 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yes they do. Probably even in the shower. I was just in a zoom call with someone who was wearing a mask. I was figuratively scratching my head.

Does everyone on Zoom calls have the luxury of taking the call from their home with nobody else, except for their immediate family there? Is it possible someone in their home is exposed and they are trying to minimize either their or their families exposure? Does nobody have workmen/household help and therefore necessitate wearing a mask at home?
I work in a hospital. I had to take a Zoom call for my DCs school during my lunch break. I don't have my own office, I wore a mask.
You are very narrow minded.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Why bother? She obviously isn't worried

Neither was the guy who died. He said quote: "I thought it was a hoax, it was made up by the media" on his deathbed.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:43 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I would link the multiple articles, but the device I am on makes that challenging. Check out Uro Today, Urologiia, and World Journal of Urology. But they are journal article so it's probably not real because we don't believe science. If we didn't think it up ourselves, it doesn't count or make sense because we are inherently smarter than people who have spent their entire lives studying things.

Just checked out a couple sources. The evidence is inconclusive at best.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you like the 30 year old who attended a COVID party thinking it's a joke and ended up dying from it? I wish you a better fate if you end up with COVID.

Probably not or I would be six feet under not posting

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:47 pm
OP, do you have any data? Any actual statistics? What in the world does anecdotal evidence demonstrate? I didn't watch the videos but it seems you are bringing a few cases to demonstrate a point. By that logic we should never drive or fly because accidents happen.

Do you know what the actual data is? That is out of a million cases of people under 25, how many died, ended up in the hospital, or had long term effects? Bringing a few cases means nothing.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:53 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yes they do. Probably even in the shower. I was just in a zoom call with someone who was wearing a mask. I was figuratively scratching my head.

Could have been me. Hilarious, I know.

I mask full time at home around my kids. Since they are allowed (with masks of their own) to play with friends outside (I imagine you'd make fun of them, too) my doctors insist that this is a measure that I must take. And my kids are all home instead of in school.

And guess what? I'm an experienced mask wearer from when my immune system was totally devasted from treatments.

Yes, I know. All us immunocompromised people should lock ourselves in our homes in hazmat suits.

Our families too?

My kids can't go to school unless all their classmates and teachers wear masks in class, and of course that's not going to happen.

People with your attitude put your 'beliefs' and 'freedom' - from the torture of masking - above the freedom of my kids to attend school without seriously endangering my life.

And you have the gall to call OP a Karen?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:09 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
OP, do you have any data? Any actual statistics? What in the world does anecdotal evidence demonstrate? I didn't watch the videos but it seems you are bringing a few cases to demonstrate a point. By that logic we should never drive or fly because accidents happen.

Do you know what the actual data is? That is out of a million cases of people under 25, how many died, ended up in the hospital, or had long term effects? Bringing a few cases means nothing.

There's studies I can post - but every time people give sources other claim well, that there are sources for the other side and even if 15 percent of people have long term affects well it won't be me.

There are risks with doing everything I suppose. But I don't think you can compare cars or airplanes to COVID. Why?

1. COVID has actually hishtadlus things you can do to be safer. Just like wearing a seatbelt in a car. (I guess a car does as well, WEAR SEATBELTS YA'LL! But not a plane)

2. If I take a risk and get hurt in a car crash or place disappearance that doesn't hurt anyone else. (Except for the people that are in my life who will be awfully sad).

If people don't take any precautions about COVID high risk and the elderly can't go outside or do anything. In addition to family members of high risk people like my father in law, single brother in law. It means my siblings at home can't go back to school since if Chas Vishalom my father would get corona he doesn't have a big chance with so many medical issues.

My grandfather has cancer as well - I'm really scared for his health and all the people coming down to florida now thinking it's a safe place for them to escape NY. He HAS to leave his house for appointments and treatments and to like LIVE.

If you want statistics I can get you that - I just thought since people don't seem to care about numbers maybe if they saw real people like them it would help them understand. I feel like people don't believe the numbers and studies.

Amalia

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:58 pm
Zehava wrote:
Ok Karen

Can someone please enlighten me: who is Karen?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 2:43 pm
Amalia wrote:
Can someone please enlighten me: who is Karen?

It's kinda a meme. It refers to the dumb blonde character Karen in Mean Girls.
That's what I'm pretty sure of.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:03 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
It's kinda a meme. It refers to the dumb blonde character Karen in Mean Girls.
That's what I'm pretty sure of.

No, that's not it.

According to wikipedia:
Karen is a pejorative term for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
No, that's not it.

According to wikipedia:
Karen is a pejorative term for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

It’s also used a lot for women who randomly yell at others because no reason

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:08 pm
Zehava wrote:
It’s also used a lot for women who randomly yell at others because no reason

People rarely yell for no reason. Just because you don't "get" their reason doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It is actually just a way to make 50 year old white women more irrelevant. Too old to be hot and influential.
To refined and privileged to be feared.
Let's just ignore them, who is really going to care. We elevate ourselves by putting others down and this is someone else we can easily step on.

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:13 pm
The personal attacks in this thread against Zehava are pretty unacceptable. Do I need to go bring my wooden spoon gals?

Anyways, yes, some young individuals are seriously affected by COVID19, but the overwhelming majority are not. That does not mean that COVID19 is not a serious public health concern (it is) or that masks should not be worn (they should), but it also does not mean that we need terrify young individuals and push a narrative that this is as dangerous for those under 50 as it is for those over 65 or with underlying conditions. Supporting the narrative supported by science is going to get the most cooperation because it is the most reasonable approach and one that won't fall apart.

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:15 pm
People rarely yell for no reason. Just because you don't "get" their reason doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It is actually just a way to make 50 year old white women more irrelevant. Too old to be hot and influential.
Let's just ignore them, who is really going to care. We elevate ourselves by putting others down and this is someone else we can easily step on.

Yeah maybe they’re hungry or tired or just had a fight with their spouse. Still no reason to randomly yell at people. You ain’t two anymore.

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:17 pm

There is never a valid reason to yell. Someone yelling is out of control, and they may have a reason for being out of control, but the yelling is not okay.

giselle

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:20 pm
nchr wrote:
The personal attacks in this thread against Zehava are pretty unacceptable. Do I need to go bring my wooden spoon gals?

Anyways, yes, some young individuals are seriously affected by COVID19, but the overwhelming majority are not. That does not mean that COVID19 is not a serious public health concern (it is) or that masks should not be worn (they should), but it also does not mean that we need terrify young individuals and push a narrative that this is as dangerous for those under 50 as it is for those over 65 or with underlying conditions. Supporting the narrative supported by science is going to get the most cooperation because it is the most reasonable approach and one that won't fall apart.

That’s what’s unacceptable? The statement was beyond rude. It’s important to call people out on things like that. Even if it makes me a Karen.
(And according to the stereotype most Karens do not wear masks.. once we’re nitpicking).

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:23 pm
giselle wrote:
That’s what’s unacceptable? The statement was beyond rude. It’s important to call people out on things like that. Even if it makes me a Karen.
(And according to the stereotype most Karens do not wear masks.. once we’re nitpicking).

Saying "Ok, Karen" is beyond rude? This is a public forum and the politics section gets hot and although I would not make that comment, I wouldn't consider it exceedingly rude. I personally thought that Zehava was being sarcastic since she is not a very active poster on the COVID19 threads. Did you see the responses? Saw how personal they got? I don't want to call out specifics, but the responses are terrifying and Zehava is a poster who has hit me below the belt in threads before so I'm not biased here.

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:27 pm
Schools shutdowns carry more risk for the health of young people than the risks inherent in possibly catching covid, as per the American Academy of Pediatrics.

giselle

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:35 pm
nchr wrote:
Saying "Ok, Karen" is beyond rude? This is a public forum and the politics section gets hot and although I would not make that comment, I wouldn't consider it exceedingly rude. I personally thought that Zehava was being sarcastic since she is not a very active poster on the COVID19 threads. Did you see the responses? Saw how personal they got? I don't want to call out specifics, but the responses are terrifying and Zehava is a poster who has hit me below the belt in threads before so I'm not biased here.

Aside from the comment comparing her to someone who died from COVID, I thought the responses were fair. We will have to agree to disagree.

But at least you responded under your username.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics