Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Video of inspectors in shaare torah
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tweek

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:18 pm
I'm finding it ironic that she kept complaining about being filmed. And the guy with her, made it sound like the fact that they were filming was the cruelest thing they could do.

Picture a report on this story without the video evidence. The comments would be adamant that they must have been hiding something, or they must have been treating the inspector horribly, or they didn't really want to issue a summons. I mean come on, the only issue a summons because we are terrible!!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I'm finding it ironic that she kept complaining about being filmed. And the guy with her, made it sound like the fact that they were filming was the cruelest thing they could do.

Picture a report on this story without the video evidence. The comments would be adamant that they must have been hiding something, or they must have been treating the inspector horribly, or they didn't really want to issue a summons. I mean come on, the only issue a summons because we are terrible!!

I'm not sure why this is but I've noticed that if anyone goes over to an inspector or news reporter in Boro Park and takes a picture of them or their badge they become visibly uncomfortable and edgy

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:22 pm
Yael wrote:
Unlocked after a clean up. If I missed anything during the cleanup please report it.

Thank you very much. It’s nice to know some Jews are on the Jews side

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm not sure why this is but I've noticed that if anyone goes over to an inspector or news reporter in Boro Park and takes a picture of them or their badge they become visibly uncomfortable and edgy

Maybe it’s because they know what they are doing is wrong

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:26 pm
tweek wrote:

I agree but the administrator did the right thing and he was respectful. No one would believe him otherwise.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:27 pm
Right! I thought that was tweek's point as well.
Such quick thinking on the part of the administrator!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Maybe it’s because they know what they are doing is wrong

If that’s the case don’t do it. I had a job where I realized I was told to do something wrong I called my husband told him to meet me by my lunch break I told him what was goin on inside the business and he called his rav who told me to get my bag and run out. I refused to do what the boss wanted since it was corrupt. These people if they know it’s corrupt they should all strike they are just enjoying the field day with the jews

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:31 pm
mfb wrote:
The saddest part is that so many other frum yidden are our worst enemies!

Frum? I wouldn't call them frum! A frum jew doesn't hate there fellow jew.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If that’s the case don’t do it. I had a job where I realized I was told to do something wrong I called my husband told him to meet me by my lunch break I told him what was goin on inside the business and he called his rav who told me to get my bag and run out. I refused to do what the boss wanted since it was corrupt. These people if they know it’s corrupt they should all strike they are just enjoying the field day with the jews

They should stop this insanity, for sure. But cuomo is still telling them to go out there and get the Jews
I feel like if I was an inspector and I saw what was going on before my eyes I will have mercy and just skip over the schools because I know that God repays each person back for what he did and I would feel so guilty about this.
But The inspectors probably just want to get paid and they don’t care about children or families or education or our lives

tweek

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:35 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Right! I thought that was tweek's point as well.
Such quick thinking on the part of the administrator!

Yes. Thanks! That is what I was saying. That if not for the video evidence no one could believe such a story.

mfb

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:03 pm
Unfortunately it happened in a different school today also but there the secretary got the summons without a video

tweety1

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

You know why? Cuz of the Yiddish saying אויפן גנב'ס קאפ ברענט דאס היטל

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:22 pm
That video is really scary. I don’t cry “anti Semite” so fast but Covid in ny these days is nothing short of targeting Jews. When a school is open in ny it makes the headlines yet I did not find this on main stream media anywhere...

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:25 pm
mfb wrote:
Unfortunately it happened in a different school today also but there the secretary got the summons without a video

Which school?

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:28 pm
The administrator was extremely respectful. The woman was definitely was definitely uncomfortable. Good. She should be. I felt like it was on the tip of her tongue to say she had orders to ticket all the schools on the list. If the school files a lawsuit they will be subpeoned.

mfb

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Which school?

Don’t want to post it online since I heard from the principal and not sure if she shared with others. But it was a school in Boro park that is using phones/zoom and there was only some secretarial staff in the building

soap suds

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:26 am
Happened to a Yeshiva in BP last week, too.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:22 am
I am a big proponent of following COVID safety measures, but I agree that this looks like a completely unjustified action by the City. Punishing a compliant Jewish school cannot be excused by other instances of Jewish non-compliance.

Does anyone have any updates on this? Was the school fined? Have they challenged the fine formally?

number

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:36 am
I didn’t see the video on twitter which is unfortunate. They could use more publicity imo.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:43 am
The administrator was very respectful and tried hard not to film her face
The lady was trying hard not to say anything that could be used against her or the state
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics