Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Is it forbidden to follow the law?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Now I'm so curious. Who was that?

Let's just say there was only one poster (well, I guess two, but you know what I mean) who ended every second sentence with ... and kept using weird English words such as polemic and the like.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:49 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Let's just say there was only one poster (well, I guess two, but you know what I mean) who ended every second sentence with ... and kept using weird English words such as polemic and the like.

So I remember one (starts with an O) but the second one I'm thinking of seems pretty legit, so I'm not sure anymore. Is that one a reincarnation but tamer and doesn't post under her SN when posting controversial stuff?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
So I remember one (starts with an O) but the second one I'm thinking of seems pretty legit, so I'm not sure anymore. Is that one a reincarnation but tamer and doesn't post under her SN when posting controversial stuff?

Yeah that was number 1, and then it turned into the second one, which has now been banned. The ... combined with her very specific writing style gave her away every time when anonymous as well.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:53 pm
Yeah that was number 1, and then it turned into the second one, which has now been banned. The ... gave her away every time when anonymous as well.

Oh. I'm just surprised because the 2nd one (if I'm thinking of the right one) did have those 2 characteristics as well, but was (is?) an active participant of many regular and even fun threads.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:53 pm
I shouldn't be saying this, because now she'll open #3 and miss out the .... s to try and hide herself Very Happy

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:54 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Oh. I'm just surprised because the 2nd one (if I'm thinking of the right one) did have those 2 characteristics as well, but was (is?) an active participant of many regular and even fun threads.

Me?
I love ending sentences with...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:54 pm
As in opposite of out of town?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:55 pm
I shouldn't be saying this, because now she'll open #3 and miss out the .... s to try and hide herself Very Happy
Laugh
Apparently some Imas are great detectives and will catch her nonetheless.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:06 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Me?
I love ending sentences with...

Nah, not you. Unless you're the third incarnation Wink

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

Yup.

cbsp

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:13 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Yup.

In that case it's pretty scary cuz something she posted early on raised so many red flags. But then there was another post that seemed to quiet my overt suspicions....

Can anyone here reveal the nature of the misrepresentation? (guy? Not orthodox? Not Jewish? Etc)

ETA just realized I too overuse ellipsis Hi

Last edited by cbsp on Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:13 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

That was #1. Wasn't banned as far as I'm aware.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:14 am

Did #2 post often in game threads?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:16 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Did #2 post often in game threads?

I think so, though I don't really follow the game threads, not my speed.

BTW just thinking that since she posted anonymously we have no idea whether it was 1 or 2 that was banned. Maybe it was even 3 or 4 for all we know. LOL.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:16 am

She kind of just disappeared after a while.

Apparently she didn't disappear. Just created a new user name and tried to watch her back better. But the Imamother Eyes knew better Smile

Maybe she'll come back for a third round. Twisted Evil

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:17 am
I think so, though I don't really follow the game threads, not my speed.

BTW just thinking that since she posted anonymously we have no idea whether it was 1 or 2 that was banned. Maybe it was even 3 or 4 for all we know. LOL.

Right.
I'd love clarification from Yael so we can know who to look out for.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:27 am
There is no way I’m going to believe that #2 is a reincarnation of #1.
Because if it is then SHE GOT ME GOOD! I will certainly miss #2 on all the fun threads! Crying Crying Crying
This should serve as a reminder to all of us, this is the internet! Don’t trust anyone and take everything with a grain of doubt.
Oh well! #2 (OP of this thread) if you’re reading this, I do want to thank you for your awesome company around here! I certainly had a great time with you! I’ll miss you very very much! I’m not sure exactly why and where things went wrong but if you do come back (for round 3?) please bring us some good math riddles! Oh and if you do visit Boro Park don’t ever forget your mask and your taxes. After all, it’s “Dina demalchisa Dina”! Laugh
I wish you only the best! Heart Ice cream

soap suds

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:31 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
There is no way I’m going to believe that #2 is a reincarnation of #1.
Because if it is then SHE GOT ME GOOD! I will certainly miss #2 on all the fun threads! Crying Crying Crying
This should serve as a reminder to all of us, this is the internet! Don’t trust anyone and take everything with a grain of doubt.
Oh well! #2 (OP of this thread) if you’re reading this, I do want to thank you for your awesome company around here! I certainly had a great time with you! I’ll miss you very very much! I’m not sure exactly why and where things went wrong but if you do come back (for round 3?) please bring us some good math riddles! Oh and if you do visit Boro Park don’t ever forget your mask and your taxes. After all, it’s “Dina demalchisa Dina”! Laugh
I wish you only the best! Heart Ice cream

That’s Dina demalchuta Dina.

yc

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:10 am
I think it would be a nice feature to label or delete existing posts from verified trolls so no one takes them seriously in the future

Yael

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:17 am
I want to clarify that op is a troll in the classic sense as in she caused trouble and was dishonest, not the Imamother definition of a troll meaning a man. I believe that she is a legit woman who is struggling with keeping to our rules. Perhaps she’ll be back, whether I allow her back under the same name or a fresh start. I feel it’s wrong to continue discussing her this way. Let’s give the topic a rest.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions