Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o Bnos Belz camp memories
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:49 am
Blackout for days when I was in degel yid. We went to use the bathrooms and showers in satmar

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:49 am
Malky klaristenfeld singing with us

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:52 am
PTs in the shacks
Sticky bencher cards

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:53 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I was there with Mrs Mayer as the camp director, and then when Ruchmy took over....

Echad yachid umyichad😃😃😃😃

LOL

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:50 am
I remember the plays! Were they really so professional or was that just my younger self being impressed?

Either way, they were so much fun to be part of!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I was life gaurd in summer of 93 when roizy was still a young camper esther goldy was my age

My age as well!
I was there for tes and yid

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I remember the pool but it was no longer in use n my times. I t was just empty space and eventually (my last summer there) it was converted to a campers lobby

Hmmm I just remember the moldy smell that lobby had.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Hmmm I just remember the moldy smell that lobby had.

I can still smell it when I close my eyes!
And the phones there on one wall where we sat and waited on line to call home.

I’m so curious if anyone here was in my bunk!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:39 pm
I was there from 2006 through 2011. My first year (degel zayin) was Mrs. Horowitz's last year. The year after that was someone else, and then Mrs. Paneth for the rest.
Anyone on here was in my bunk?

My mother was there since the year they opened. But she's not on here.

I heard they redid the whole place and it's actually nice now. It was disgusting when I was there, but who cared?
We just laughed when we found mushrooms growing in the bathroom in the Bais Malka.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:40 pm
so I guess I have a bunkmate on here Very Happy maybe even a classmate lol

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:43 pm
I’m not a belzer girl but I was there for 2 summers. Don’t have to many memories since I didn’t have such a good experience but I definitely remember sitting in the lobby and waiting for the phone. We also used a phone in an overpass between one building to the next.
I remember being woken with a song, for a very long time I remembered it but right now I can’t.
We had one room called the skunk room since it smelled very very skunky when we came up. I felt really bad for those that had to sleep there.
I was there in the mid 90’s
I think it was there that we had the play about the girl that had amnesia (from the yiddish book ניין און ניינציג)

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 6:02 pm
I was in ches when we slept in the bais malka building and the ceiling started coming down... I think that was the last year it was used.
Climbing up to sharei chedva...
Davening together Friday nights was a highlight. The best of the week announcements lol.
I remember being really scared of ruchmy horowitz. Those outdoor lineups and if you're late... (Not so much anymore when she was my teacher!) And I remember how nice Mrs paneth was. She was our principal in elementary until my 8th grade... oh my.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 6:11 pm
I had the worst experience there. In recent years when paneth and reiss were together

Half of the camp grounds was untouchable on shabbos cuz it was for camp guests. And uf you were caught in a hallway Shame on you

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 6:12 pm
I actually swam in the indoor pool. I remember when Sara Devorkes was camp nurse before she became a midwife. I remember one year a counselor and a group of girls got lost over the mountain. I slept in the vinkel the first year it was built. I guess I'm a babby here too

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:06 pm
I remember we had night swim in the indoor pool while police & helicopters were surrounding the camp to look for those group of girls on the mountains behind the canteen & sports closet

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I had the worst experience there. In recent years when paneth and reiss were together

Half of the camp grounds was untouchable on shabbos cuz it was for camp guests. And uf you were caught in a hallway Shame on you

I had a really bad experience with Mrs. Paneth and Mrs Reiss too.
Still don’t forgive her.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I remember we had night swim in the indoor pool while police & helicopters were surrounding the camp to look for those group of girls on the mountains behind the canteen & sports closet

I think Mrs Kviat told us the the story.
Care to remind me?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:27 pm
Remembering the Bears in the daycamp house, I don’t think there were any doors.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I remember the plays! Were they really so professional or was that just my younger self being impressed?

Either way, they were so much fun to be part of!

The one in 2003 with the tcheinik was next level.
Once we reached performing age, it wasn’t that major.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:30 pm
Hi! I was in belz from 96- 02. I went to bz cuz my mom knew chana leah...no other connection to belz. I was not camp type and I hated it. I knew all the places to hide during activities:)
I remember waking up early to get to the guest dining room to make myself toast. I remember being told that my knit shabbos sweater was too tight...I was a skinny 100 lb kid with no figure
On a positive note- I did meet a friend that I'm close to 18 years later and I loved being a life guard. I avoided pulling up tights all summer:)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics