Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Early Morning Bus Ride

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:41 pm
We currently live 4 blocks away from my daughter's school. We are moving in December and my daughter will have a pretty long bus ride to school. Many of her friends do this as many don't live near school. The thought of her having to go on a bus every morning when it's still dark outside makes me so nervous. My daughter is in 6th grade and she will have friends on the bus. She's excited for the bus ride but I'm panicking just thinking about it. Anyone elses kids have a long bus ride to and from school? How quickly did your kids adjust to the ride? Do they enjoy it? Do they have a hard time on the bus? Any info/experience with this is greatly appreciated!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:00 pm
I rode on a school bus an hour each way to school beginning when I was 5 years old. I left my home at 7am and got home 4pm all
Of elementary school. What Exactly is making you panic?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:03 pm
Most junior high (6th grade & up) & high school bus routes start at 7:15-7:30. What time will your DD go? How far will she travel? I think the girls get used to it pretty fast.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:06 pm
My daughter is 4 years old and leaves the house pretty early for a 45 minute bus ride. She got used to it pretty fast, she only complains on the days that she went to sleep late the night before and is tired. One thing- she doesn't like to eat breakfast so early, so I give her a yogurt or a leben or sometimes even nothing, and I pack a sandwich or a banana for her to eat when she gets to school.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:13 pm
At that age, they basically sleep on the way there and enjoy the hang out time on the way back (I assume based on what you wrote that she has friends on the bus she will take.) You want to find out of the bus picks her up from the house so she can wait inside, or if not, what the arrangements are for safety in the dark.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children