Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know how to ride a 2 wheel bike?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you know how to ride a two wheel bike?
Yes - I'm MO  
 8%  [ 21 ]
No - I'm MO  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Yes - I'm JPF  
 12%  [ 31 ]
No - I'm JPF  
 3%  [ 8 ]
Yes - I'm Yeshivish  
 19%  [ 47 ]
No - I'm Yeshivish  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Yes - I'm Chassidish  
 34%  [ 84 ]
No - I'm Chassidish  
 5%  [ 14 ]
Yes - I'm something else right wing  
 9%  [ 23 ]
No - I'm something else right wing  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Yes - I'm something else left wing  
 0%  [ 2 ]
No - I'm something else left wing  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 244

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:39 pm
I never leaned how to bike. I tried a few times but wasn’t successful. Has nothing to do with the level of my frumkite. I didn’t grin up frum.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:44 pm
sub wrote:
Why is this less tznius than bike riding?
Biking causes skirt to ride up and legs are revealed.

They make women's bikes that don't do this. It should be accepted for a woman to ride a woman's bike.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 2:03 pm
Well I'm from and I live in the Netherlands and I ride a bike since I was a little kid... I think I was 5ish or so without trianing wheels? I basically bike everywhere, sometimes I bike literally 20 minutes, sometimes I bike to my parents in the summer which is little bit over an hour bike ride. I don't ride a car, cause I don't have a license. But basically my main tansportation in the city is by bike. In Amsterdam lots of frum women are riding a bike and know how in Antwerp I've seen only the more modernish women see riding a bike but not the chassidishe women.

I will never give up biking I love it. Oh and we don't wear head protection while biking and we have our own lanes and everything Very Happy

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Teaching your children to swim is a chiyuv; bike is not.
You can lead a kid to water but you cannot make him swim.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 2:33 pm
I never learned to ride a bike or swim. I know the theory but putting it in practice is something else. Nothing to do with frumkeit--I'm just not athletically inclined. I don't play tennis either. But I can shoot a pistol or rifle pretty well and have the holey newsprint targets to prove it.

rzab

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 2:55 pm
MO and I don't know how to ride a bike. I'm the youngest in my family. By the time I was ready to learn my parents didn't have the koach to teach me. It never really bothered me that much. But it really bothers my husband. He tried to teach me a few years ago, but honestly I'm not that motivated at this point. My kids all ride girls. Girls and boys

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:34 pm
I used to.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:21 pm
JPF. Grew up MO. I never got to learn as a kid, my family was busy with a special needs sibling who couldn't ride so I guess family bike rides were never gonna be a thing.
(My dad did teach me to ski though which was awesome. )
Anyway after I was married with kids I decided to teach myself to ride, and I did. I also personally taught each of my kids to ride. Its great exercise bc you get a breeze as you go!

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:24 pm
Yes!! I miss it. A lot.

I always get every opportunity to ride a bike when I’m in arizona. In Brooklyn I would never haha. I guess I’m shy

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:47 pm
Is there a reason these polls lately do not include Lubavitch-Chabad?

Just wondering. Maybe should make a poll Wink

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:07 pm
How is it that the biggest rate (as of now) is Yes, I'm Chassidish whereas its considered immodest. Can't Believe It

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:19 pm
I learned to ride a bike after I was married. My kids all ride bikes.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 5:36 am
This is so interesting. I never thought into it. I am chassidish but rode a bike till bas mitzvah. My kids all ride bikes and all relatives do. It's a great thing to know and would highly encourage. My kids had a balance bike and a bike with stabilisers. The balance bike really helps teach the balance

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:04 pm
No but it has nothing to do with my religious level. I'm slightly nuerologically impaired and I am on the spectrum.

I have never been able to successfully ride a 2 wheeler despite many people trying to teach me and me trying to learn.

It hasn't effected my life though.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics