Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yes flu shot or no flu shot pregnant
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:18 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Also do you know why high fever is harmful? It sets off an immune activation for the fetus. That is exactly what a vaccine does as well. We simply dont know that the immune activation can spiral out of control in a fetus or baby. so the flu shot you are taking to prevent high feber may set off an even greater autoimmune response that can cause greater harm to the infant.Many people believe that shots are causing brain damage in babies.

Do you vaccinate your children? Just trying to figure out the perspective

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:22 am
I used to follow whatever my pediatrician said, get a few at a time. Then did extensive research and from Now on very carefully and only if I believe the benefits outweigh the risks. (which it does not in many shots)

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:33 am
Just keep in mind that even if you get the flu shot, you might still get flu. It's not a very effective shot, so if you're getting the shot to prevent yourself from getting the flu because of these scary stories of flu in pregnancy, just know: There's a Hashem Who runs the world and with the flu shot being at most 50% effective there's still a b'derech hateva chance of getting the flu. If He wants you to get the flu, you'll get it with or without the shot, but the shot is a definite risk since we don't know how it affects the fetus. As I mentioned before: NEVER BEEN TESTED.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 10:03 am
I dont think the flu is a life and death decision. Sorry for the woman you know but that is exceedingly rare, whats probably more
realistic and common are harmful effects to the developing fetus. Many flu shots still
contain aluminum as an adjuvant. Its one thing to vaccinate for the major diseases, but to me the flu shot is clearly not worth any risk to the baby especially when pregnant.

The women I know had the swine flu. Which is under Flu A. The swine flu is known to be very dangerous for pregnant woman.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The women I know had the swine flu. Which is under Flu A. The swine flu is known to be very dangerous for pregnant woman.

the flu shot protects against the Swine Flu?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 11:08 am
the flu shot protects against the Swine Flu?

Yes.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

swine flu isn't going around now bh. if that's your fear I would DEFINITELY not take the shot.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
swine flu isn't going around now bh. if that's your fear I would DEFINITELY not take the shot.

It's my only fear? Not only but for the most part yes.

pizza4

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:11 pm

The flu shot this year has a few different strains including.... h1n1...
Don't be shocked if swine flu comes back around this year. If yes it will be because its in the vaccine.

Op I really can relate to your indecision. One thing that helped me relax was remembering the phrase "shev ve'al ta'aseh" if one has a few options and each is problematic. Also remember that Hashem is in charge of the health of you and your baby no matter how you decide.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:17 pm
pizza4 wrote:
The flu shot this year has a few different strains including.... h1n1...
Don't be shocked if swine flu comes back around this year. If yes it will be because its in the vaccine.

Op I really can relate to your indecision. One thing that helped me relax was remembering the phrase "shev ve'al ta'aseh" if one has a few options and each is problematic. Also remember that Hashem is in charge of the health of you and your baby no matter how you decide.

The flu shot has the h1n1 component in it since the year of the swine flu outbreak.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:22 pm
Have in mind that many ppl get flu from the flu shot. So I wouldn't take it.
I would rather just boost my immune system to prevent getting it.

For many years I give myself and children full of vitamins and bh never had flu.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:46 pm
Just keep in mind that even if you get the flu shot, you might still get flu. It's not a very effective shot, so if you're getting the shot to prevent yourself from getting the flu because of these scary stories of flu in pregnancy, just know: There's a Hashem Who runs the world and with the flu shot being at most 50% effective there's still a b'derech hateva chance of getting the flu. If He wants you to get the flu, you'll get it with or without the shot, but the shot is a definite risk since we don't know how it affects the fetus. As I mentioned before: NEVER BEEN TESTED.

Tell me abt it. One year I vaccinated 4 of my kids. That same year 3 of them got it twice! That was the last time I gave the flu shot.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 1:23 am
The best source of information is to read the insert that comes with the packaging. Google it and you will find the insert on the FDA's website. This is an excerpt. Guess what ladies, my baby and I are not going to be human guinea pigs. How can you give this flu shot when there hasn't been sufficient testing? It is irresponsible to give any type of vaccine/medication without testing and vetting. I vote no and didn't take the flu shot. My sister knows of two cases where mothers 'coincidentally' had miscarriages shortly after taking the flu shot. Here is the insert excerpt:

----------------------USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS------------------------------
• Safety and effectiveness of FLUVIRIN® have not been established in pregnant women, nursing mothers or children less than 4 years of age. (8.1, 8.3, 8.4)
• Antibody responses were lower in the geriatric population than in younger subjects. (8.5)
See 17 for PATIENT COUNSELING

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 1:28 am
Crucial information: one of my kids were born with a rare medical condition.
The genetic team told me that this condition develops during pregnancy. They are still doing research on the cause of this condition but there's one common denominator: all mothers of those children took the flu shot during the first trimester.
Please say NO to Flu vaccines during pregnancy. The risks outway the benefits.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 4:18 am

Yes Hashem runs the world, and He can make your baby healthy if you take the shot. It works both ways. I guess everyone has to do what they feel is their hishtadlus and leave the rest to Hashem.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics