Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help me understand this...
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Oh so now you’re cursing out people with different beliefs.

Not cursing. I didn't mean specifically anyone at all. It was a general statement. I sincerely don't want anyone here to die or get damage. Even if I believe they are being irresponsible and bringing it on themselves. I'm still really wishing everyone health and praying no one else gets hurt.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:48 pm
Yes, one of the very big pointers to people is that Covid is not anymore as dangerous as it was back in March.
It’s as dangerous as the flu at this point.
So even if people are still getting the virus, it’s hardly any dangerous.
You just admitted that yourself.

I don’t know anyone who ever died from the flu. I know many who died from COVID. Also, at least people have an option to get a flu shot if they so choose.

ETA I know people die from the flu, just saying that based on my own experience, I know more who died from Covid.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:50 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
You really think that doctors in every country are getting shut down about telling "their truth"? What makes you believe that it's the truth that's getting shut down and not the lies?

Maybe people are shutting down damaging misinformation. What makes you think that that's the real truth the whole world is trying to hide? Explain. I'd like to understand.

Do your research before you preach.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:51 pm
Why are the vast majority of the medical professionals in the world in agreement with something that is a blatant lie?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t know anyone who ever died from the flu. I know many who died from COVID. Also, at least people have an option to get a flu shot if they so choose.

ETA I know people die from the flu, just saying that based on my own experience, I know more who died from Covid.

I made it clear that I’m talking about Covid in OCTOBER.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:52 pm
Btw, there were countless pictures circling today of Biden’s rallies with the entire crowds without masks.
Same with BLM looters.
So many of our lying politicians talk about masks and dont wear one when they think nobody sees.

I never hear you call out those hypocrites.
Of masks are so lifesaving, wouldn’t they all wear one at all times?

Who on earth Are you talking to?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:57 pm
Some of these posts contain misinformation but I am not going to argue with any of them. Most of the country is seeing a real increase in the number of cases which means that it's anywhere between simply testing positive and dying of Covid. Lots of people are seeking treatment in hospitals so some places are opening field hospitals in the fairgrounds or they are rationing care, right here in the US. A bunch of sick people who are at home are not the issue, except maybe to their employers but the ones who need the hospital are probably making it difficult to obtain care for other emergencies.
So the government has to step in, possibly because people expect it to and are critical when the government fails to take measures to protect the public. Now it is sometimes a balancing act between preventing the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed and shutting society down to the point where it causes dangerous social unrest.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Some of these posts contain misinformation but I am not going to argue with any of them. Most of the country is seeing a real increase in the number of cases which means that it's anywhere between simply testing positive and dying of Covid. Lots of people are seeking treatment in hospitals so some places are opening field hospitals in the fairgrounds or they are rationing care, right here in the US. A bunch of sick people who are at home are not the issue, except maybe to their employers but the ones who need the hospital are probably making it difficult to obtain care for other emergencies.
So the government has to step in, possibly because people expect it to and are critical when the government fails to take measures to protect the public. Now it is sometimes a balancing act between preventing the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed and shutting society down to the point where it causes dangerous social unrest.

I think she's trolling everyone. Nobody can be that misinformed..

LovesHashem

Do your freaking research before you preach.

I'm literally asking for suggestions. Who do you trust and why? I asked people I know in real life not people on the internet. I know someone working on a vaccine. I asked her a lot of my questions. She has a PhD.

amother
Tangerine

I made it clear that I’m talking about Covid in OCTOBER.

It takes a couple of months to accurately calculate data on deaths. So if anyone tells you they know the fatality of covid in October it is not based on data.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
It takes a couple of months to accurately calculate data on deaths. So if anyone tells you they know the fatality of covid in October it is not based on data.

True. But deaths aren't the only numbers that matter. 10-13 percent of decreased fertility in males doesn't worry you at all?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This week alone I have about 5 local simchos to attend. From recent experience there will not be social distancing or masks worn. I also know two people locally who died from corona virus this week. I feel like I’m living in a twilight zone. Am I missing something? People are dying but we’re just living life as usual? I’m not advocating a complete lockdown, but throwing parties with no precautions? I feel completely confused. I went to one of the shiva houses and felt stupid wearing a mask even though it was so crowded. There was a tiny handful of people wearing masks, some under their noses.. I feel like I don’t even know what’s right or wrong. I don’t want to be crazy, but that’s what I feel like if I even attempt to take any precautions.

You do know what’s right and what’s wrong. Those ignoring the masking rules and SD will have to answer for it one day.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:03 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I'm literally asking for suggestions. Who do you trust and why? I asked people I know in real life not people on the internet. I know someone working on a vaccine. I asked her a lot of my questions. She has a PhD.

This is the key question.

I understand that with all the political polarization, many have lost trust in politicians, and are frustrated by the non-linear path towards scientific understanding of this novel virus.

But what have the "other side" done to earn trust?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:10 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I think she's trolling everyone. Nobody can be that misinformed..

Having read many covid threads here, there seems to be many women like her...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:13 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Listen to mlwdesignny stories on Instagram for starters.
She brings all kind of interesting info from many different sources.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:16 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
True. But deaths aren't the only numbers that matter. 10-13 percent of decreased fertility in males doesn't worry you at all?

It does, absolutely. I fervently hope that it's a temporary effect.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:17 pm
Listen to mlwdesignny stories on Instagram for starters.
She brings all kind of interesting info from many different sources.

You get your medical information from a graphic designer? That's a first.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
You get your medical information from a graphic designer? That's a first.

Are you crazy?
I clearly wrote how shes brings videos from many different sources.

You read only what you want to read I see.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:21 pm
Careful is relative.
Some think masks are too careful.

I go to places, packed Simchas etc.
I have no problem being in the same room as a Covid patient without a mask.
I’ve done it and will continue doing it again.

I think masks are just a mandated thing to get power. But you can choose to beleive what you want.

It’s just a waste to keep discussing it.

And I know that 50 percent of our country, including hundreds of brilliant educated people, are behind me in that.

Serious question, then. In what ways do you consider yourself to be being “careful”?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:21 pm
I didn't read all of the replies, I know people get heated & I don't enjoy reading them, but just fyi, the Headlines podcast is a good resource, by Rabbi Dovid Lichtenstein.
Last several are coronavirus related, & other contraversial topics.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics