Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim Seudah kid-friendly ideas needed

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:11 pm
Normally, my yomtov/shabbos meal with guests would be- fish, soup, 2 mains (usually ribs and chicken, or minute steak and chicken) and 2 or 3 sides (rice and mashed potatoes) and often a dip or two. but now for the purim seuda we are likely having s/o or s/o's with kids and I'm not sure what to make. I mean I can't imagine a 4 or 6 yo digging into a meat or ribs. So whats kid-friendly, thats not too hard, but is also s/t the adults will eat (I'm not making a double menu).
tia.

imokay

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 7:32 pm
kids generally go for chicken cutlets/nuggets (u can make them smaller sized for the kids, and more portion sized for adults), I find a cold cut platter works wonders, an easy fix for kids is the mini hot dogs in pastry dough
and dont worry so much about the kids- if theyre hungry, theyll find something to eat, if not they can always eat the challah and the dessert and nothing will happen to them- they'll survive Very Happy

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:25 pm
chicken hamburgers, made in smaller circles
chicken fingers
frank in blank
fried potatoes
cold cuts sandwich in small triangles
mini meatballs
mini parve pizzas
cut up veggies and dip

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 5:41 pm
how about potato blintzes, is that ok? and does it freeze well?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 5:52 pm
they should freeze well. make them in mini sizes so its easier for kids to hold and eat.

justanothermother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:08 pm
My 3, 5 and 7yo think ribs and mashed potatoes is the best. They also like the popcorn cauliflower (from one of the KBD cookbooks I don't remember which) and so do all the grownups I've ever served it to - although it only works with fresh and is such a pain to clean.

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:48 am
pinkandyellow what's the number for ribs??I never know the numbers.
I think the menu sounds good,and as s/o said "kids will eat challah,and desserts they will survive".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics