Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Health insurance to cover upcoming birth in NJ

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:16 am
I am planning a move from Israel to NJ and I would like to be there already by the time I need to give birth. Where do I start to look for health insurance for my family and most importantly that would cover the end of pregnancy and birth????

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:18 am
Public or private insurance? If I’m not mistaken you cannot enroll into private insurance except during open enrollment and it would be effective in January. You can also enroll if you have a qualifying condition, like you got kicked off your old insurance, but I don’t think it counts for international changes: I may be wrong.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Public or private insurance? If I’m not mistaken you cannot enroll into private insurance except during open enrollment and it would be effective in January. You can also enroll if you have a qualifying condition, like you got kicked off your old insurance, but I don’t think it counts for international changes: I may be wrong.

A move is considered a life changing event.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Is it a qualifying event ?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Is it a qualifying event ?

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 11:42 am
Moving is a qualifying event but you should contact an insurance broker in the location where you plan to move as soon as possible.

You should have your insurance choice determined and active from the day you arrive so that there is no gap in coverage. You should also be researching your choice of OB/GYN and hospital as well. This could impact your choice of insurance since networks vary in terms of what insurance company you use and what type of policy you buy.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 12:35 pm
Can anyone give me a broker or a name/number to call?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:32 pm
https://cosmoins.com/

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 9:27 pm
Majority of (employed) Americans receive their health insurance through their employers so if you or your husband are getting a job find out about your benefits options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries