Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do I still charge her?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:17 am
I run a private playgroup from home.
On Friday I received a message from my daughter's school that her whole class (4/5 year olds) have to isolate now for 10 days because another girl tested positive. There are 3 different classes in her year and the one that tested positive is from a different half!! They're in the playground together, so now 75 girls are in isolation which is ridiculous. My daughter doesn't even know the girl!! Anyway I told all the playgroup kids mothers that she's home and do they still want to send? Everyone besides one is still sending. Should I ask if she can at least pay half the usual weekly fee?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:18 am
I would not charge her.

She wants to make sure her daughter and family don't get sick...

gumby

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:20 am
No you don’t charge her.

Stars

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:20 am
No

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:21 am
No. You can’t charge her.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:22 am
No, but your daughter's school should be bubbling each class so they don't interect with too many people.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:23 am
Raisin wrote:
No, but your daughter's school should be bubbling each class so they don't interect with too many people.

I know! We're all going mad!

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:24 am
No. If you can't provide safe services, you cannot charge

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:28 am
dankbar wrote:
No. If you can't provide safe services, you cannot charge

I think it's perfectly safe! She doesn't play with the girl, or even know her. That's safe enough for most people. I had to let everyone know bc I can't exactly hide her in her room. She'll be playing with the other kids that are here.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it's perfectly safe! She doesn't play with the girl, or even know her. That's safe enough for most people. I had to let everyone know bc I can't exactly hide her in her room. She'll be playing with the other kids that are here.

This mother doesn't feel safe. I don't think it's right to charge her

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:34 am
I agree that it's complicated when you have a kid who is sent home by school but not officially mandated to be quarantined, because they don't fit the criteria. Outdoors without 15 minutes in proximity doesn't require it. Because of this, I support your having her home and interacting with others as a valid choice, even if I or others wouldn't make the same choice.

However, this mother's choice is also valid, and she should not be charged. You can give her the option to roll the money over into something else later on, but she needs to have the option not to. She may need that money to pay someone else for childcare during that time.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
This mother doesn't feel safe. I don't think it's right to charge her

I'm not charging her don't worry. I just thought maybe I can...I'm just upset that I'm losing out bc dd school can't be more careful! Maybe we shouldn't pay full school fees (we struggle and we pay it all, all through lockdown too) we can definitely get a reduction but my dh doesn't want to....

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not charging her don't worry. I just thought maybe I can...I'm just upset that I'm losing out bc dd school can't be more careful! Maybe we shouldn't pay full school fees (we struggle and we pay it all, all through lockdown too) we can definitely get a reduction but my dh doesn't want to....

I would ask for a reduction in tuition. I don't see the problem with that

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
..just because you think its safe doesn't mean its actually safe.
Your doing the right thing by not charging her

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:32 am
I'd feel the same way as you. But I wouldnt charge the parent. It's not the parents fault and it's not your fault. I'm sure the parent would rather send to you and not have to rearrange things. But she doesn't feel comfortable for whatever reason and thats ok too.

I think you're doing the right thing. Even though it's not your fault. Even though it's hard. Even though so many things ...

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:32 am
Parents pay by week (vs. by the month)?
If it's by month, I think the same way parents pay the same for Tishrei and kislev and whenever else the kids are off for a few days then this month should also be that amount.
If parents only pay the weeks playgroup is in session then she has the right to keep her child home without paying this week.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:39 am
You have every right to not pay all tuition to the school since they are not taking precautions.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:48 am
I also have a private playgroup. YES you SHOULD defininetly charge her! You are open and it is HER choice not to send. You could have filled that spot with another child. I can't even imagine she would think not to pay you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Parents pay by week (vs. by the month)?
If it's by month, I think the same way parents pay the same for Tishrei and kislev and whenever else the kids are off for a few days then this month should also be that amount.
If parents only pay the weeks playgroup is in session then she has the right to keep her child home without paying this week.

Some pay monthly and some weekly. I'm flexible (maybe I shouldn't be!) This particular child pays weekly. I'm losing out on over a weeks pay. Her mother is due in about 3 weeks, that's why she's nervous to send..personally the risks are the same if my daughter was home or not. They are mixing with other families at the end of the day. I don't see much of a difference to usual weeks. The mother isn't working now so she doesn't mind having her daughter home and saving some money. Her mother is also already here to help her!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some pay monthly and some weekly. I'm flexible (maybe I shouldn't be!) This particular child pays weekly. I'm losing out on over a weeks pay. Her mother is due in about 3 weeks, that's why she's nervous to send..personally the risks are the same if my daughter was home or not. They are mixing with other families at the end of the day. I don't see much of a difference to usual weeks. The mother isn't working now so she doesn't mind having her daughter home and saving some money. Her mother is also already here to help her!

Definitely better to do monthly, so you get paid the same amount every month. Hard for now though.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics