Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Early-ish puberty??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 1:29 pm
My DD started showing the very beginnings of breast buds a month or two before turning 8. No other signs of puberty. Asked my ped and she kind of left the ball in my court as far as getting an endocrinologist involved. Some of her classmates are even a bit more developed than she is, so I'm pretty sure she's within the realm of normal. I'd feel bad for her if she got her period as early as 10 (I was 12), but also she's pretty emotionally mature and I think she could handle it. Any other moms dealing with this? Curious to hear what and how you decided.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 3:23 pm
My daughter sounds the same. I and my mother started our periods at 10 and I believe she'll be the same. She's 9 1/2 now and I hope she holds out till the next school year but who knows. Make sure your daughter knows what to expect even if she is earlier than her friends. She can definitely handle it, she's like an 11/12 year old when I talk to her. She went to an endo years ago but decided there was no reason to push things off. We did push off for an older sibling who was very immature at the time and a year behind in her class. I can't say I regret that choice with her but I would never do it for this other daughter.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:01 pm
Things to consider: Height, when she finishes puberty she won't grow a lot more after her period comes (maybe an inch or two more), how tall is she? Is she overweight, that could contribute to it also. I've noticed more children are going through puberty at a younger age now than it used to be, so she is probably similar to other classmates. This is just my opinion and some things to think about. I wouldn't be concerned, but I think these are things to consider or talk to your doctor about.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:06 pm
It can’t hurt to take her to an endocrinologist. It’s not like they’ll force you to do anything. They’ll let you know your options, and then you can make an informed decision.

ETA my daughter began right before she turned 10, and she’s very short, so we’ve been seeing an endo.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:51 am
We are thinking of suppressing for my daughter who just turned 9. She’s been showing signs of development since she was 8. Endo is on the fence for suppression. Has anyone used the supprelin implant to suppress? My daughter is extremely immature .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics