Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Neemas or nachlas
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 2:17 pm
I had an interview with neemas last week and was very impressed. I got accepted. I also have reason to believe I may be getting into nachlas. If you had to choose between the two schools, which would you choose? I’m really conflicted.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 2:49 pm
Nachlas is full if you did not get accepted yet, you most probably not getting in. Neemas is a great school wil be impossible to get into in 2 years they have the right people in charge you will be very happy there.

gomom!

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 3:06 pm
I agree abt neemas. I rly think it’s going to turn into a hard school to get into. The heads are really great. I have a cousin who currently sends there and is so happy.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 3:22 pm
I heard nachlas might be full. We are very happy with neemas so far, it's very well run and the learning is on par with nachlas. I know a lot of people in nachlas and we compare.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 3:40 pm
Just curious, is the parent body of neemas more on par with nachlas or is it more Tehilas Chaya sara type?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious, is the parent body of neemas more on par with nachlas or is it more Tehilas Chaya sara type?

The vast majority is nachlas type with some even more to the right. As a whole it's not tehilas chaya sara type, it's possible there is one or two that got in the first year. But I know it's not what they want and I don't think they will take any like that now. They are officially against social media, they certainly don't allow tv and movies.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:24 pm
Your lucky as I did not get into Neemas and I am shocked as its only the third year. I am told that they may open a second class but who knows . Be happy that you got in and grab the spot. Neemas is no where like Tehillas CS and actually is pretty right wing from the folks I know there ( I know learning folks who send ). No school in the beginning can be so selective and from what I am hearing they already are.They are very against some of the above and I dont see them heading towards Tehillas ..on a whole they are more right wing but who knows. Help I need a school

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:28 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Your lucky as I did not get into Neemas and I am shocked as its only the third year. I am told that they may open a second class but who knows . Be happy that you got in and grab the spot. Neemas is no where like Tehillas CS and actually is pretty right wing from the folks I know there ( I know learning folks who send ). No school in the beginning can be so selective and from what I am hearing they already are.They are very against some of the above and I dont see them heading towards Tehillas ..on a whole they are more right wing but who knows. Help I need a school

Did you try the other new school shiras by?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:30 pm
I am trying to find out more about it and honestly am hesitant to send to such a brand new place. At least Neemas is proven to attract a crowd, no one I know knows anyone in Shiras, do yo have more info on it?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:33 pm
I am trying to find out more about it and honestly am hesitant to send to such a brand new place. At least Neemas is proven to attract a crowd, no one I know knows anyone in Shiras, do yo have more info on it?

Sorry I don't know anything

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:43 pm
Nachlas is not full yet but you're competing with a lot of eager applicants so unless you have feedback that there's probably an acceptance coming soon it would be a matter of choosing to give up a slot and then possibly wait for months and months to beg your way into nachlas. Nachlas is definitely more established and a safer bet but a school slot is a school slot and really depends if you have the nerves to handle waiting and playing the game for longer or taking a school now that's a reasonably safe bet.

goodgirl

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:44 pm

So sorry!! How soon after your interview did you get a response? Did they call you or mail you a rejection letter?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:45 pm
Mailed me a letter after four days

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:48 pm
I know someone who got in found out that day, generally they do the research before the interview I am told and if you dont hear back right away its not to promising, good luck with your decision.

goodgirl

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:55 pm
I know someone who got in found out that day, generally they do the research before the interview I am told and if you dont hear back right away its not to promising, good luck with your decision.

At the interview or later that day?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:58 pm
Later that day, have you had anyone call to push yet? Move fast as it appears to be a full year. Personally I was surprised to get a no and I am trying to figure out how to proceed.

goodgirl

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:45 pm
Later that day, have you had anyone call to push yet? Move fast as it appears to be a full year. Personally I was surprised to get a no and I am trying to figure out how to proceed.

No. It sounded like they had space and if needed they would open a parallel class so I didn’t have anyone call. I’m guessing your interview went well which is why you’re surprised you didn’t get in? I feel so bad. I would probably just keep on begging them.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:48 pm
There are always the schools that have "not one single slot left" who then end up accepting one or two more in the spring or summer or even the week school starts it's just a matter of if you can stomach that or not

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
There are always the schools that have "not one single slot left" who then end up accepting one or two more in the spring or summer or even the week school starts it's just a matter of if you can stomach that or not

I def can’t!!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:28 pm
Does a parallel class mean that they will be less picky or does it mean the numbers are too high this year and I have no chance? How do you know if an interview went well? I guess no means it didn't go well
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries