Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Haifa neighborhoods

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:03 pm
We’re making Aliyah and I’m interested in Haifa... mainly because the rent is lower and it is on mountains yet with views of the sea. I’m just not sure which neighborhood I should look at. So here’s a little info:

My kids are all in elementary school, my oldest will be in 5th grade. Looking for dati school but can be coed. Most important thing is for me to find excellent schools. My kids receive speech and counseling and I’d like to continue with that.

We’re modern orthodox, need to be close to sepharadic shuls but I don’t mind living in a mixed neighborhood. We don’t want to live in a big Anglo neighborhood, we would like to integrate and blend in with Israelis.

Public transportation is important since we probably won’t have a car for bathe first year.

A community with friendly, warm, educated people. Any idea which neighborhood?

Thanks!!

oms18

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:10 pm
This post is a few months old, but we are currently in the same situation - thinking about Haifa for Aliyah this summer, for alot of the same reasons as you - but trying to find out about the specific neighborhoods - were you able to find any information? The options I have been hearing about are Ahuza, Neve Shaanan, Hadar, and a little farther out Kiryat Shmuel...

Rappel

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:09 pm
Neve Shaanan is lovely, and seems to fit the OP's requirements.

That being said: I don't know anyone whom moves to Haifa just for fun. The pollution problem there is very real: even a quick Google search will show you the various studies on how unhealthy it is to live there. Also, in my experience, it would not be an easy place to integrate a new aliyah family -- though that's true of many places outside yerushalayim/the merkaz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions