Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me dress my adorable but fat baby!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:01 am
My baby is so, so cute but she's super fat.

She's 6+ months, weighs about 20 lbs but it's ALL in her legs. Her thighs are huge.

I recently ordered warm fleece PJs from Carter's in size 12 months but they don't zip up her legs!

The 18-24 month size fit but they're so long on her. She's short.

Are there any brands that are more generous and roomy? Even HM is too tight for her thighs!!!

Right now I'm making due with 18-24 month Carters but they're really too long.

Please help.

realsilver

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is so, so cute but she's super fat.

She's 6+ months, weighs about 20 lbs but it's ALL in her legs. Her thighs are huge.

I recently ordered warm fleece PJs from Carter's in size 12 months but they don't zip up her legs!

The 18-24 month size fit but they're so long on her. She's short.

Are there any brands that are more generous and roomy? Even HM is too tight for her thighs!!!

Right now I'm making due with 18-24 month Carters but they're really too long.

Please help.

No suggestions, but she’s probably adorable!
Nothing like babies with big thighs...

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:10 am
Carters isn’t a good brand for fat babies, lol. They run very narrow. My 1.5 year old is in 6 -9 month pants at 20 lbs 😂 and that is the only brand he wears 12 months in.

trixx

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:18 am
I always found gap to be too big. And in general. Knit styles or like Zara jogger pant styles ie look for the cuts not just the size

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:23 am
Ooh, babies with thunder thighs are the cutest!

As another poster said, carter's runs narrow. I browse generic kids brands and lots of knits, and I've had good success with Oshkosh Bgosh. Next onesies can also work really well

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:46 am
I just wish people would think my things thunder thighs were adorable!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:38 am
My baby is also ginormous, but he’s also tall (21lbs at 4 months). Not sure how he’s so big because I’m tiny, and my husband is 2 dimensional.
I put him in lil leggs and sweaters. For stretchies, I stick with the Jewish brands because they seem to get the sizing right.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:51 am
At that age, DD was in the 55% for height, but 105% for weight! I couldn't find any onesies that could snap around her chunky thighs. (The pediatrician said she was fine, BTW. She grew up and thinned out.)

I put her in dresses, and then cut the toes off some of my knee high socks to make leggings for her so she could crawl around without getting her knees on the hard floor. It looked adorable!

6 months later, when she was walking around, she was back into normal clothing because the fat redistributed and turned into leaner muscle.

(DD also skipped a size. She went from 9 month clothing to 18 month clothing almost overnight. My friend with a baby who was size 12 was thrilled to get all of the brand new clothes that DD would never get to wear.)

avrahamama

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:02 am
Cut the feet off for around the house. And then maybe stick to stuff that can be rolled up and doesn't have footsies? Macy's sells this brand called "first impressions" and it's always been very baggy for my kids. But all nice soft cottons.

Baby thighs are the cutest. Soo squishy and full of rolls. Enjoy your playdough baby!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:26 am
go footless
leggings + sweaters/t-shirsts - leggings look cute tight,
next sizing is really good for chunky babies - my baby is tiny/petiete and carters is the only brand she is wearing true to size - with next leggings she wears 2 sizes down

MiriFr

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 8:14 am
My baby is sooooo fat, and He’s allergic to everything, so he could have been even fatter.
Stick with 2 pieces because you can mix and match sizes.

cbg

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 8:26 am
If you need feet to be covered they do sell pants with feet, no snaps or zippers
https://www.target.com/p/baby-.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics