Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you still own a cd player? Tape recorder? Record player?
1  2  3  Next

Do you still own a cd player? Tape recorder? Record player?
Yes - record player  
 4%  [ 5 ]
Yes - Tape recorder  
 18%  [ 20 ]
Yes - CD player - but only in the car  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Yes - a regular CD player - I'm over 35 yrs old  
 21%  [ 23 ]
Yes - a regular CD player - I'm under 35 yrs old  
 25%  [ 28 ]
No - I don't own any  
 26%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 108

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:08 pm
I was decluttering with the mindset that anything I didn't use in the last yr or two I will throw out.... I came across my large living room cd player and realized I don't think I have used it in at least a yr or two...(instead used the computer or speaker connected to my phone...) I feel funny throwing it out since it seems like such a basic item, but I'm thinking maybe it's not anymore.... So was curious to see how many people have one.

Regarding the poll pick the oldest one you have - for example if you own a tape recorder and cd player, click tape recorder.

It doesn't count if it's in storage somewhere. Only if it's pretty accessible even if you haven't used it in a while.

mommy12

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:12 pm
I have two cd players and tape recorders plus a cd player in my car. My children, including my 3 year old, know exactly how to rewind the tapes, fast forward, and flip the tapes over when they are done.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:17 pm
We have a CD player/tape recorder. I have loads of good story tapes from my parents attic, my kids love listening to them. There's nothing like the old tapes and CD's to be found today.

my mama

I have a stereo with a bluetooth speaker, aux connection, SD slot, CD player and tape deck. Currently using the CD player.

bigsis144

I have a CD player that also connects to my phone via Bluetooth.

We’ve ended up using the Bluetooth speaker much more than the CD player part.

naomi2

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:22 pm
I used to have a tape/ cd player but it recently broke. I would love another one because I still have the tapes and cds

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:28 pm
Years ago we rid of our stereo that had a 5 CD turnstile and 2 tape deck options. We bought a smaller portable CD player for the kids to listen to their full collection of kiddie story CDs.

We don't have a tape deck anymore. But we still have our mini tape recorder that uses the mini tapes so the kids can record themselves for fun or while studying.

acemom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:37 pm
We have a boom box type cd player/mp3/tape player with a usb port.

We still have CDs and cassettes we use. The usb port is used for a usb with music etc or to connect an ipod/sansa and use the machines speakers.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:41 pm
I'll take that CD player if you’re really planning on throwing out!
Tapes & cds going strong in out house. CD player mostly in kids bedroom but travels around as needed. Big stereo system in kitchen (tape, cd deck etc is on its last legs & is moody on when it works Sad )

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:49 pm
Our first car had an 8 track player.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:50 pm
My parents still have the fisher price record player we used growing up in the 90's. I think they got rid of the old reel to reel tape player and tapes. I think they still have a good turntable and records (Shlomo Carlebach originals).
I don’t think they’ll bring them when they make Aliyah in the next year or two.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:52 pm
Funny that you just asked I took out some old story tapes for my 4 year old today and he is loving it.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:56 pm
I voted no even though it’s very possible my car has a CD player. I’ve never used it and never thought to look though.

Reality

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:00 pm
Iymnok wrote:
My parents still have the fisher price record player we used growing up in the 90's. I think they got rid of the old reel to reel tape player and tapes. I think they still have a good turntable and records (Shlomo Carlebach originals).

My in-laws have that kiddie record player too! From the 70's. Still works perfectly!

silverlining3

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:10 pm
I'm too young for to own a record player lol I own though a stereo, bought years ago on black Friday, that has CD, tape recorder, USB, and iPod option. At this point only USB and iPod option work. But that's totally fine.

I like the idea that it has its set place.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:13 pm
We have a CD player with Bluetooth and an audio jack and usb. Sound could be better. We have it in our sons room and we play chasidish music in there for him to listen to

We also have a Bose (well, I brought it from arizona, my mother gifted it to me when I was 15) soundtouch speaker and I love it.

I use it to play shabbos songs when I’m preparing for shabbos— gets me in the mood

mochamix18

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 6:24 pm
Iymnok wrote:

My parents still have mine from the 80s. I was showing my 5 year old how to play records during our last visit to the states in February.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:09 pm
I have a cd player in the garage and my room I dont use I have all my cds I have a tape recorder in the garage I dont have a record player they are is style now my 20 year old neice just bought her one for he graduation and she loves it

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:12 pm
My son just bought a record player. He says music sounds better on records

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 2:49 pm
I didn’t think anyone younger than Biden even knows what a record player is! 👴🏻
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics